047

" and just like that- one season has ended, and another one has begun."

----------

jake clicks his tongue as he taps the steering wheel. he stares at his buzzing phone, the notifications popping nonstop.

he seriously can't shut up. he shakes his head and taps the answer button. "i'm already on my way, stop calling."

he hears the guy on the other line scream.

"i can't fucking believe-" jake sighed when he heard continuous curses from the guy.

"please breathe and control that anger of yours."

"sorry, i was just really pissed off by hiyyih. she literally scammed me! i could sue that bitch for lying to my face i swear to freaking mary-"

"jungwon, calm down." jake chuckled before he entered the parking lot. "what did hiyyih do this time?"

"sorry, hyung. but she took my credit card and now she used it to pay for her hair extensions. can you fucking believe that?"

he cleared his throat, fighting the urge not to laugh at the situation. "oh, damn. did she return your card now?"

"yes, after using it to buy another bag. she acts like her job doesn't pay her."

jake smiled. for almost three years that he got to know jungwon, he can definitely say that the boy's not quiet. at all. contrary to what he assumed, jungwon is very talkative especially when he's with his friends.

three years had passed.

who would've thought that things would end up this way? back when i was a freshman, i thought i would've spent the rest of my years with my best friend beside me.

jake took a sharp breath. it's been three years since he left. was it exactly three years? i can't even remember now. everything felt like a blur to him when his best friend went off the grid without telling him.

one email.

that's the only thing jay left for him. the only thing that's been assuring him that he's still coming back. and yet, years have passed but jake still hasn't seen even his shadow.

do i miss him? fucking hell, yes.

"hyung?"

"oh, sorry. i got a bit distracted." jake cleared his throat before continuing. "what were you saying again?"

"it's about the alumni homecoming, did you receive the email? i got mine earlier."

"nope, haven't checked that yet. why?" he grabbed his phone before going out of his car.

"well... are you planning to come? it'll be on the third saturday of march." jungwon's voice sounds softer this time, like he's asking for a favor.

jake stares at the elevator in front of him before he pressed the fifth floor, where his office is. "it depends, i mean i could come and just say hi to my blockmates then leave."

the other line got quiet. he heard jungwon sigh, and then spoke again. "right. i mean- i'll do that too. we should come together, hyung."

he chuckled. he knows exactly why the younger is acting like this. "don't worry, i'm sure he won't be there. i heard he's on the other side of the earth too."

just like my best friend. he clicks his tongue at the thought.

"what are you saying? hahaha i don't even know who you're talking about hyung. anyways, i have to go now, bye!" jungwon ends the call before jake could even say goodbye to him.