044

heeseung never thought of jay as anything more than a friend.

he had met jay through sunoo, and at first, he only thought of him as sunoo's roommate.

their first conversation towards each other was just a simple nod of greeting. if someone would ask the old heeseung if there's a possibility of him falling for jay, the answer would be a solid no.

the old version of heeseung would've been shocked to see what's been going on lately.

because who would've thought, that heeseung would come to know how soft jay's lips are? who would've thought that he'd get to discover that jay uses raspberry-flavored lipbalm?

who would've fucking thought that his lips would be this addicting? because i never did.

heeseung groaned in frustration as he hit his head on the steering wheel. i should've stopped myself, he wasn't even sober. he stared at the person sleeping on the shotgun seat.

after the kiss, jay had the audacity to sleep like nothing happened. will he even remember that tomorrow? heeseung sighed.

jay has said a lot, but who knows if that was all true? heeseung could only guess. he was surprised that he makes jay feel like that. at least, it's comforting to hear that it's not only me who feels that way.

a soft knock on the window made him stop overthinking. he sees sunoo peering through the car, then pointing at jay. heeseung opened the door while giving him a smile.

"you really brought him home?" sunoo smiles back at him. "thank you hyung."

"it's nothing, i just didn't want him to spend a night at sunghoon's because who knows what prank that guy's going to do to jay."

the younger chuckled. "hoon's not that awful though."

heeseung didn't say a thing and just proceeded to remove jay's seatbelt. he was about to carry him but he hesitated when he saw sunoo watching him.

he clears his throat. "uh, should i carry—"

sunoo shoots him a knowing look. "go ahead. i don't want to carry a drunk person. you should carry him on your back." 

heeseung agreed, letting sunoo help him in putting jay behind his back. he could immediately smell jay's perfume as his arms are now wrapped on his shoulders.

"perfect," sunoo then grabs jay and heeseung's belongings before fixing jay's hair. they start walking back inside the apartment complex quietly.

"by the way, i think i saw jake earlier."

"what?"

"when i was waiting for you guys to arrive at the lobby, i saw him walking right outside. i wanted to approach him because he looked a bit troubled, but he was gone the moment i glanced back."

jake was here? he must've wanted to talk to jay that bad.

"you should tell that to jay when he wakes up sober tomorrow." heeseung replied.

sunoo nodded. "i will. his best friend is probably worried about him."

best friend? he's the reason why jay got this drunk. heeseung shakes his head. sunoo doesn't know about anything yet and it's best to keep it that way.

after all of this, jay's going to need to give jake an answer. what's it going to be?

heeseung sighed. whatever it is, he's not gonna have a choice but accept it anyway. after all, jay has all the freedom to choose who he wants.