059

jay was devastated.

when jake drove him back to the penthouse, his heart was too heavy and his eyes were puffed and red from crying.

when he glanced at jake, his best friend looked calm now and is even humming while driving. as if he's not hurting. as if i didn't break his heart again.

"jake," he called out his name softly.

"hmm?" jake's eyebrow shot up while glancing at jay.

"i'm really sorry. i shouldn't have done this to you."

jake sighed before reaching out to pat jay's shoulder. "it's not like you did that on purpose. i know how much you care for me, and for heeseung too. it must've been a difficult decision for you to make."

jay slowly nodded, like a kid that finally found someone who understood him. he sniffed, brushing his hand to wipe the tears on the corner of his eyes.

he heard jake chuckled. "you're crying again? since when did you become such a crybaby?" he opens the compartment in front to grab some tissues.

"shut up, i'm just-" he takes the tissues from jake's hand. "i'm just relieved that we've finally talked this out. i was about to go crazy because i really didn't know what to do."

of course. if i didn't let you go first, i'm sure you'd just let yourself suffer. "it wasn't an easy one for me, too. i just thought that after weighing every possible outcome- i still don't want to lose you as my best friend."

jay looked at him with tears still brimming on his eyes. "you didn't lose me. i'm still here, always."

i almost did, though.

jake smiled before staring at the road in front of him. his heavy heart might've been making him suffocate, but at least he's got jay back by his side now.

his heart may have been broken to pieces, but it's better this way. it's a little sacrifice that i have to live to- in exchange for jay's happiness.

-----------

[ jungwonie ]

jake:
hey won
u busy?

jungwonie:
hi hyung!! 😁
nope i just got out from work
whyyy

jake:
u wanna join me for a drink?

jungwonie:
oh okay
is that like, a chill drink? or a 'i wanna get wasted' drink?

jake:
well...
which one would u prefer?

jungwonie:
i'm not picky hyung
i drink when there's any alcohol available so idc ☺️

jake:
lmao okay then
you can invite hiyyih too
and riki

jungwonie:
u sure?
hiyyih's being a party animal these days
but sure i'll text them
we'll meet at the district club?

jake:
suree
aight see you wonnn

---------

jw ✌🏻 @yinyang tweeted.

🍻 time!