050

"that kind of news won't get us anywhere," sunoo groaned, feeling annoyed. "i want facts, not rumors or scandals. this isn't tabloids for pete's sake."

he ends the call before he could yell at his stupid co-worker. the loud ring of his phone interrupted his sleep and now he feels like his day just got ruined.

he felt two arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him back to lie on the bed again. "calm down, hyung. it's not good to get stressed so early in the morning."

he sighed in relief as ni-ki kissed his cheek. sunoo's boyfriend is one of the best things that ever happened to him.

"sorry love," sunoo turns to look at him. "did i wake you up?"

riki shakes his head and then plants another kiss, this time on the corner of his head. "i'm good. what time are you gonna go to the homecoming?"

"well, i still have to check the venue and the theme... so probably around noon? what about you?"

"i'll try to finish work around 3 pm," nishimura fixed the strands of hair around sunoo's forehead. "by the way, i thought you have plans with jay hyung today. is that cancelled?"

he shrugged. "not really, we figured that we'll just see each other at the homecoming later. that is, if he's still planning to go."

during college, sunoo never confronted his roommate and he never asked even if the curiosity was killing him. even when he saw how jay always looked at his best friend with affection, or when he saw the tension developing between jay and heeseung...

i never asked, because i was waiting for him to open up about it.

but jay is a person who likes to bottle up feelings to himself, and sunoo also thinks that he might be feeling awkward to share especially if it's about his ex-boyfriend, who happens to also be their friend.

so when jay left them to follow his dream in milan, sunoo was genuinely happy for him. choosing the internship was the safest option, at least for me. i would rather have jay get his peace of mind somewhere else, than let him stay here and see him struggle with love.

honestly, he never believed it at first. his ex, liking his roommate? i mean, i'm not against the whole idea. but it never felt true to me.

well, not until he saw it with his own two eyes. how they stare at each other across the room, how their gazes lingered... it couldn't be hidden. it was just too damn obvious to hide.

the way jay stared at jake before... and the way jay looks at heeseung now...

there's no difference.

"what do you mean? i'm sure he's gonna go if you're there."

"your cousin's going to attend too, plus heeseung... i don't think he'll be able to survive the night."

nishimura chuckled a bit. "jake's thinking of ditching, so i think he's going to be alright." he reaches his hand to pinch his boyfriend's cheek, but the latter stops him.

"he's what?" sunoo looked concerned. "oh no, that can't be. he must be feeling uncomfortable with seeing jay too."

"what can we do? if he wants to come, he will. don't worry about jake. he'll figure it out eventually."

he sighed at ni-ki's statement. okay, he has a point. "fine, what about your friends, hiyyih and jungwon? they'll come right?"

"i'm pretty sure hiyyih's presence will be there, that girl doesn't miss a party."