045

[ park jay ]

park jay:
jake
are we okay?
did something happen?
please
let's talk
did i do something wrong?
i'm worried.

---------

jake didn't know that it would come to this.

it was like fate is playing games with him. because, what in the actual fuck is happening to his life?

do i deserve this? did i deserve to be feeling this pain?

he still can see the image, very clearly. his best friend— kissing the guy that jake once liked. was that a dare? a mistake? or was it... deliberate?

he sobbed once again, crying his heart out. his tears just won't stop even though he feels completely dried out. the pain just won't stop. it hurts. it fucking hurts like a bitch.

jake had to act like he still has his shit together, so he went to class like it's a normal day. he listened to lectures, and he answered the quizzes. he had to pretend like he was fine, he has to.

but after seeing jay standing in the hallway of their classroom— all the bottled up feelings just opened up again. i just can't hide when it comes to him, can i?

he took a sharp breath before walking past his best friend, his supposed to be— the other half. he had to pretend that he doesn't know him, because he just can't pour out his emotions to him again.

i don't want to overwhelm him anymore. i feel like i'm suffocating him.

he couldn't bear to see jay now, without remembering what he witnessed last night. every time jake closes his eyes, the exact image flashes through his mind on repeat— tormenting him.

after a few more minutes of wiping his tears inside the cubicle of the comfort room, jake gets out while the corner of his eyes are still a bit red.

they have a practice game in the afternoon, and as much as jake wants to go, he doesn't have the guts to face jay. i'm scared. i'm scared of what he's going to say once he sees me.

i'm sure he doesn't even know what i saw last night... and he must've been feeling confused now... but i just can't talk to him. not yet.

-----------

"i need you to find out what's wrong with jake."

sunghoon stopped typing on his computer while his eyes glanced at his friend who just barged inside their org room.

"sir, you've got the wrong person. this isn't fbi," sunghoon says in a teasing tone. "we're a journalism club, not a detective conan fanclub."

jay couldn't even laugh at his remark. the guy just sighed and sat on the couch. jake's not responding to his texts, and he doesn't answer his calls. this feels like a dejavu of the time where i forgot to meet him for dinner.

did we have a plan beforehand? i'm sure i told him that i needed some time... and here i thought he liked me, but the way he acted earlier... his eyes were cold. it's as if he doesn't recognize me.

he was drunk last night. what if he did something stupid?

oh right. i kissed heeseung. he grunted and hit his head with a throw pillow. did i do another stupid thing besides that?