038

two hours.

jake sat patiently inside the ramen place, waiting for his best friend to come. for two hours, he stayed sitting in the corner- eyeing every person that walks inside the restaurant.

he's not coming.

jake checked his phone. he didn't reply to any of my messages. he didn't answer my calls.

he sighed and finally decided to leave. he hasn't eaten anything for dinner yet, but somehow he's not hungry. i don't have the appetite.

jay's not the type to ditch something, especially when it involves jake. he's usually the one who waits for jake every time they go out together. so... why did he not show up today? did something happen?

jake can't help but overthink. where is he? where can i find my best friend at this hour? should i go to his apartment?

he stops walking when he sees a familiar figure right outside of a pub just near the university. good timing, i should ask him. maybe he knows where jay is.

"sunghoon!"

at first, sunghoon didn't look back. the guy continued to walk towards his car that is parked in front of the establishment. did he not hear me?

"park sunghoon!"

sunghoon finally halted, and then glanced at jake's direction. he's wearing the usual blank expression on his face.

"jay's bestie," sunghoon took a sip of his drink before speaking again. "you need something?"

"yes... uhm, have you seen jay? or do you know where he is right now?" jake asked.

he was hoping that sunghoon could give him an answer- a valid one, because he doesn't want to believe that jay could ditch him without any reason at all.

on the other hand, sunghoon is thinking. now what should i tell this guy?

"what do you mean? aren't you his best friend? you should know where he is." he smiled at jake, enjoying the look on his face. wow, he looks desperate.

"no, he's not answering his phone... is he at his apartment?" jake asked again, still hoping that sunghoon would be able to help him.

yikes, jay what have you done? sunghoon scratched the back of his neck. he's sure that if he tells jake that his best friend is busy taking care of heeseung, he'll be more devastated.

still... do i care? he chuckled at the thought. it'll be fun to see how things would turn out for them.

"well... the last time i checked, he's not at his apartment."

jake frowned a bit. "he's not? where is he, then?"

"he's with heeseung." sunghoon took his keys out and opened the door of his car. "heeseung got sick, so jay had no choice but to nurse him. what a kind-hearted soul, right? he just loves his friends too much."

sunghoon even dramatically put his hand over his chest, as if he's touched by the fact that jay is taking care of heeseung. i'm enjoying this too much. jay will probably hate me for this.

jake momentarily froze for a minute. oh. so he's with heeseung.

"o-okay, thanks..." he almost tripped when he stepped back. "i'll go ahead."

"have a good night, sim!" sunghoon says, knowing damn well that the guy won't probably enjoy his sleep tonight. he lets out a smirk while looking at jake walking away.