015

jake and jay have been best friends since the start of fifth grade.

no, they weren't seatmates nor classmates. if it wasn't for soccer tryouts, they wouldn't even know each other.

jay hates talking to strangers. jake likes talking to strangers.

that's how they became friends.

do they fight? yes, a lot. most of the times it was jake's fault because he's short-tempered and can be immature.

but that's fine, because jay understands him. unlike jake, he has loads of patience.

they bicker and fight but they reconcile within minutes. it was easy like that.

maybe it would be better if we were just kids.

jake pondered on the thought while lying on his bed. was i too harsh on jay? should i ask for forgiveness? he kicks his bolster pillow out of frustration.

he's hurt. people might think that he only likes heeseung on the surface, but it's not like that. i really like him, and finding out that his oh-so-perfect friend was actually his ex was... ridiculous.

jake wanted to laugh. he was always admiring sunoo's beauty and personality every time he saw him. and hearing that he's heeseung's past lover makes him feel so little.

it seems like he's the perfect match for heeseung, and it makes no sense on why they broke up.

surely it may seem like a small deal to others because past is past, right? but how can jake ignore that? how can he ignore the fact that sunoo is still so present in heeseung's life?

it doesn't matter, jake. he's not yours anyway.

right. what right do i have to get jealous? sunoo's his best friend.

jake breathed deeply, trying to control the anger that's been fuming inside him. he glanced at the picture on his bedside table. he was grinning beside jay while holding the trophy from the time they won the finals match in highschool.

jay is supposed to be his best friend.

and yet... he chose to hide the truth from him, just so he could protect his roommate.

he pulls his hair out of frustration. "gods why am i like this?"

----------

sunoo glanced at jay for the third time today, checking if he's still breathing. his roommate has been spacing out for almost an hour now, mindlessly staring at the tv screen.

"jay, what do you want to eat for lunch? want me to cook?" he asks, hoping for a response from the older.

it's the weekend and sunoo is supposed to meet his boyfriend later, but he doesn't want to leave jay looking like this.

jay shrugs, letting out a sigh.

"come on, jay. can you atleast tell me what's wrong?"

"jake found out about you and heeseung."

"w-what? but i thought he knew..."

sunoo almost choked on his own tongue. he forgot that jake is not hiding the fact that he likes heeseung. my boyfriend's cousin likes my ex-boyfriend. yeah, sounds like some crazy plot you see on mexican telenovelas.