060

"hyung, are you sure you'll be alright here?"

sunoo bit his lower lip as he puts the groceries that he bought on top of heeseung's kitchen counter.

heeseung's previous condominium was great, especially since he's under the same building as sunghoon. it puts sunoo at ease that he has a friend to call on. but now that heeseung decided to move to another apartment, he can't help but worry.

he liked that apartment, so i don't know why he suddenly moved out. did something happen?

he wanted to contact sunghoon and ask, but he's sure that he won't get anything decent on that guy.

"of course, i'll be fine here." heeseung walked behind him and patted his head. "and i told you not to bring me groceries, i'm not a kid sunoo."

"but you're alone here," sunoo stated while pouting a bit. "don't you think the old one's better? at least you're near sunghoon."

"sunghoon's not staying at his penthouse that often so it's not a big deal."

"but this place is far from your office."

"it's one bus away, i'll be okay."

sunoo sighed. heeseung is such a stubborn person. "just get a car already, or borrow mine. riki has his car anyways."

"sun, i'm good. really. don't stress yourself," heeseung smiled at him before going back to the living room. sunoo followed, tailing behind the older.

"fine! i won't nag you anymore. but be honest with me," the younger plops on the couch that heeseung just bought. "something happened, right? i want to know. as your best friend, i demand the right to know."

heeseung scratched the back of his neck. i don't really want to talk about it, but sunoo never pried like this so i might as well just tell him.

"didn't sunghoon tell you?"

sunoo crossed his arms. "don't mention him, we're still not in good terms. but how is it that you tell him things, but you never say anything to me?"

he shrugged. "it's not like i have a choice. he was easier to reach, just floors away from each other."

it was easier for me to see jay too. but that was difficult for me to handle.

"and that's why i told you the old apartment's better! but you never listen anyway." he rolled his eyes and then looked at heeseung again. "so are you going to tell me or not? don't try to change the topic."

heeseung let out an exasperated sigh.

"i didn't want to see him."

for a moment, sunoo caught a glimpse of sadness passing through his eyes. so it was really about jay.

"why? i thought... you'd still want to pursue him after all these years." he asked softly.

the older shakes his head. "i still want that, sun. but if his heart doesn't want me, what more can i do? i'll just have to continue living my life alone."

it's jake that he wants. when i fell for him, he was in love with his best friend. three years and it's still him. how can i compete with that?

sunoo listened, his eyebrows slowly knitting in confusion. jay's heart doesn't want heeseung? is that really the case? he cleared his throat.

"uh, jay likes someone else?"

heeseung nodded. "he's always been in love with jake. can't change that fact."

this time, sunoo's mouth opened a bit as if he wanted to say something— but he decided to shut up.

oh good heavens, he doesn't know a thing.