053

where do i even begin to tell the story of how i managed to fall for a guy named jay?

heeseung has a lot of insecurities. when he decided to break sunoo's heart just so he could not hurt him anymore in the long run— he knew that he'll never be able to find love again.

the nightmares and pain from his past... heeseung didn't want to burden anyone with his problems.

it happened suddenly.

jay is a great friend. he never showed any prejudice when he found out that heeseung was sunoo's ex-boyfriend. he was never the type to assume anything, unless stated by the person themself.

jay... he doesn't take my breath away— but rather, he gives me a reason to breathe.

"hyung, i want you to find love... the kind of love that you deserve to have, because i want you to be happy too."

he chuckled bitterly when he remembered what sunoo had said to him, days after jay left for his internship.

he knew. sunoo knew how heeseung gradually developed feelings for jay. he doesn't need to say it anymore, because he already figured it out.

if it's that obvious, then why can't jay see it? is it because he doesn't feel the same way?

heeseung drinks another glass of scotch. i should've known better than to wait for three years. i should've just moved on.

he almost spilled his drink when he noticed the person walking towards the counter. heeseung tried to glance, and jay was now right beside him— totally unaware of his presence.

it looks like i'm not even... part of his life anymore.

that thought made heeseung a little bit disappointed. maybe it's because of the alcohol taking effect, but his feelings are getting heightened.

"that seat's taken." he grumbled, making sure jay could hear him.

"oh, i didn't—" jay stopped talking after he made eye contact with heeseung.

he looked like he'd seen a ghost. jay's eyes were glued to heeseung, but he still hasn't uttered a single word.

i missed him.

heeseung cleared his throat and tore his eyes away from jay.

"you look like you've seen a murderer," heeseung raised both of his hands, as if he's surrendering. "it's just me, heeseung. your friend— if you can even remember."

did that sound too sarcastic?

"uh, sorry. i was just a bit surprised. how are you? i thought you're with sunoo, why are you here alone?" jay finally spoke after collecting his thoughts.

it would be better to act casually, right? it'll be fine. jay mentally notes to himself. he wasn't prepared to see heeseung like this, but he handled it better than the elevator situation last time.

heeseung shrugged. "my only company for tonight is alcohol. what about you? where's jake?"

jay observed heeseung's behavior. is he drunk? how long has he been drinking anyway and why did sunoo leave him unattended?

"jake's with his blockmates." he raised an eyebrow as heeseung drank another glass. jay decided to settle and sit beside him while waiting for his drink.

looking at him in a closer view, it felt like heeseung didn't change. his hairstyle is different, the way his hair is parted now gave him a more mature look. but he still looks... the same. or so i remember.