058

the waves of the han river calms jake's nerves as he stares at the body of water in front of him. he sipped on his warm cup of coffee while sitting on the table cloth that he laid on the grass.

jake is currently on a vacation leave. he filed two days ago, and his boss stared at him with a bit of a shock look on his face when he handed out the form to him.

"woah, this is the first time i've seen you ask for a leave." his boss- taehyuk, stared at the paper.

he scratched the back of his neck, now feeling conscious. "uhm... i just think i could use some break, but if you don't want-"

"what? no, it's not like that." taehyuk chuckled. "i was just a bit surprised. nevertheless, i'm glad that you're taking a rest. you seem to be preoccupied these days so i hope you enjoy your vacation."

jake breathes a sigh of relief. he tends to overwork sometimes, and he rarely goes absent on his duties. seeing his supervisor get surprised makes him think that he's a workaholic. maybe i am. a bit.

he gave him a small smile. "thank you, sir." before leaving his office.

it's a good thing his boss isn't an old man. how old is he anyway? looks like he isn't in his thirties yet.

he sips on his coffee again, his thoughts drifting somewhere else.

he hasn't contacted jay yet. for the past days, jake has been trying to weigh things out. he couldn't even sleep well because he's thinking... if he has the guts to do it.

can i do this? am i even ready to face him?

his heart felt heavier. he doesn't want to. it's too difficult. but if i don't do this, what will happen to jay? to my best friend?

will he even get to love me again?

jake looked up to the skies. if he could just undo everything...

-----------

[ jongseong 🥇 ]

jake:
hey jay
do you have some time later?

jongseong 🥇:
hi jake! how are you?
i'm available later, why?

jake:
i'm doing great ^^
then can you meet me? let's have dinner
i have smth important to tell you

jongseong 🥇:
oh okay
sure ☺️ it's been days since i've seen you too

jake:
sounds good
i'll pick you up around 7pm
see you later :D

------------

"you look constipated again," sunghoon commented as he passed by jay who seemed preoccupied while sitting on the couch.

jay glared at him. "don't you have places to be? for someone who owns a goddamn company, you don't look busy." he puts his phone down the coffee table.

he was a bit worried when jake stopped texting him a few days ago, and he didn't get the chance to talk to him again since that day with heeseung. and now, it feels like something's up. why do i feel anxious?

"dude, i don't own anything. you're exaggerating again." his friend laughed like he just threw a joke. "this is my house so i'm allowed to interrogate my housemate."

"shut up."

"you haven't solved your problem yet? why are you dragging it anyway? you're not a kid, don't act as if you still can't control shit."