25: forgotten memories ♡

Miwon didn't come to the office for three days. During her time off, Jay took care of her, cooking food, cleaning the house, making sure she took her medicine on time, and rested enough, all of those Jay did for her.

After seeing Miwon and Jay leave his house few days ago, Sunghoon went to Miwon's company to asked about her, but her personal assistant informed him that she was taking a few days off and was uncertain about the exact duration. This only confused Sunghoon further, wondering why she would lie to him.

He decided to call her to ask her himself. "Miwon, where are you?" he asked. "What do you mean? I'm at the office now," she replied and she's lying again. Sunghoon let out a quiet sigh, he wants to tell her that he knew she was lying right now but he doesn't want Miwon feel offended to him.

"Then, let's meet," he suggested to see how far she will go. Miwon took a few seconds before responding. "Um, Sunghoon, I'm not sure if I can. I'm pretty busy at the moment," Miwon declined his request, as her condition was still not entirely stable and she doesn't want he notices she was in pain.

She ended the call right away, afraid that he would become more suspicious. "Why didn't you just meet him?" Jay asked while mixing porridge in a bowl to feed her after heard their conversation through a phone call. "I don't want him to worry and cry, just like you did," she replied.

"I want to see him cry. I'll record it and use it to threaten him," Jay joking. "Hey, that's my boyfriend. Only me can see his weaknesses," she said while smiling like an idiot at the thought of him. "The hell, such a simp," Jay teased as he fed her a spoonful of porridge, purposely smearing some around her lips.

Miwon playfully got mad at him, but Jay couldn't help but laugh and handed her a tissue to wipe her mouth. He focusing wipe her mouth till he stared on her lips, he stare it like a few seconds. Miwon who noticed that, stop him and take the tissue from his hand.

They both pretended as if nothing had happened and avoided each other eye contact. "Tomorrow, I'll go back to work," Miwon announced, trying to break the awkwardness. "But your condition is still not good," Jay expressed his concern.

"Then, who will manage all the work in my company if not me?" she replied. "Maybe I-"

"No, your father will probably be thinking of ways to steal my company instead," Miwon interrupted, aware that Jay was offering to manage the work. "Yeah, well, you know him better than me," Jay agreed, he completely agreed with his statement.

"Maybe you can ask Mr. Kim?" Jay suggested as he remembers Mr Kim is the only Miwon close relative. "Mr. Kim? How do you know him?" she asked as he mentioned him. "He's the one who told me about you at the party," Jay explained.

Miwon tried to recall that memory but couldn't. "When was the party? I don't remember attending it," she replied while trying to remember when Mr Kim held a party? And she really forgot if she ever attended it or not.

"Yes, you did. I remember you wore a black dress and stood out among everyone that day," Jay recalled. Once again, she tried to remember, but her head suddenly began to ache, and she held her head in pain.

"Are you okay? It's alright, you don't need to remember. It's fine," Jay helped her lie down and gave her medicine. Her current condition left him puzzled and concerned at the same time.

"How could she forget about that? Even her boyfriend was there that day," his inner voice remarked.

thanks for voting!