Chapter 25

Evie and Jacob left the hospital the next day. They still had no idea how Sigurd was doing but figured to let Eivor have privacy. "I can't believe that happened to me," Jacob said as he and Evie were waiting for Aveline outside the hospital.

"I know don't ever scare me like that again," Evie told him.

"Hey I missed the trip I'm the real victim" he sighed. Jacob was mad he missed Evie told him everything they did. He also picked up how Evie blushed when she talked about Henry.

"Yeah, but you also don't have an appendix" Evie stated her brother had the weirdest priorities. Aveline finally pulled up and they hopped in. Jacob was a little slow but the doctor assured them he would be fine in two weeks just no heavy lifting or climbing. Jacob of course was bummed at this after all he was very active.

"How are you feeling Jacob?" Aveline asked as they loaded in.

"I'm alright my side is a bit sore"

"Have you heard from Eivor? I wanted to stop by but figured he would rather be alone" Evie would never want to make anyone feel awkward she also knew Eivor was basically a brother to Sigurd.

"No. I know he spent the night over there though but yeah" Aveline shrugged. They all got back to Homestead and Evie helped Jacob to his room. As she got up there, she saw Elise in the hallway leaving.

"Hey, Evie. Hey Jacob how are you feeling?"

"I'm good just sore I think I'm going to lie down." Jacob was feeling tired as the day went on. Elise nodded and left.

"I'm sure she spent the night with Arno since you and Eivor weren't there and it was only Demios on the other side" Evie rolled her eyes. She had no idea why Elise had to be around Arno twenty-four-seven.

"What's that mean," Jacob asked as they got in.

Evie then saw Arno watching tv and gave Jacob the I'll explain later look. Jacob nodded and went off to his room. Evie told him she would pick up some dinner later for him. As Evie was leaving, she got a text from Henry. Her face lit up as she read the text. Henry was asking to meet her for lunch. She immediately texted back yes and walked to the café. Sure, she was tired from spending the night in the hospital but it was Henry. She walked in and saw Henry wave her over to a table for two.

"Evie how are you and how is Jacob?" Henry felt bad Evie looked so frantic yesterday.

"I'm doing a lot better than when you last saw me. And he had appendicitis but is good now" she sat her stuff down and she and Henry got in line for some food. She looked at the food as they slopped it onto her plate. Yeah, it was better than hospital food but not by much. They then sat down and started chatting. "So how was yesterday after we left"

Henry swallowed his food "it was good we went out to dinner and had a blast!" he loved the Brotherhood and how different everyone was.

"I wish I could have stayed but oh well. I still can't wait for the end-of-the-year dance!" Evie smiled as she took a bite of her food. She hoped Henry would ask her out when the time came.

"Me too!" Henry said. He liked Evie and could see them being more.

"So do you live on campus," Evie asked figuring if she wanted alone time with Henry, she wouldn't bother roommates unlike other people around here.

"No, I live in an apartment off campus and I have no roommates I like my alone time" He also just wasn't the biggest people person. Evie then tried to not smile she was glad about this.

"That must be nice I love my roommates but one just got a boyfriend and they are still in the honeymoon phase." Evie once again rolled her eyes. She just didn't get it. She hoped she would though.