Damage Control, A Late Arrival

All over the Azur Lane base, ships burned and injured shipgirls littered the water. To Jeremiah O'Brien, it was like a scene from a movie she'd seen. Bulolo and Jervis Bay observed the scene too, taking note of what kind of threat they were dealing with.

Jervis Bay: I never knew aircraft carriers would be so powerful.

Bulolo: They really are. I fear that they attacked here, which this appears to be Pearl Harbor, Darwin would be next.

Jervis Bay: Wait... what? Darwin was bombed?

Bulolo: Yep. Two months after Pearl, the Japs bombed Darwin with four of their fleet carriers. Before, they hit Pearl Harbor with all six.

Jeremiah O'Brien: Jesus Christ. Talk about overkill.

Bulolo: Overkill? What about those poor ones at Bikini Atoll?

Jeremiah O'Brien: Oh.

Jervis Bay: I'm sorry?

Jeremiah O'Brien: Nothing you should know about. I don't think they have them here.

Bulolo looked to the Liberty Ship and whispered something into Jeremiah O'Brien's ear.

Bulolo: She'll have to learn of it eventually.

It was then their ships slowly slipped into berths clearly meant for merchant ships like themselves, with them tying their massive vessels to the piers, while a redhead wearing an outfit in patriotic American colours was crying loudly.

San Diego: LOOK AT MY SHIP! (crying)

Glowworm: It's bad.

Cleveland, the name ship of her class of light cruisers was doing maintenance on her ship, which it sustained some damage in the attack. She looked to see the three mysterious arrivals, noticing one looked like a repair ship like Vestal but different and flying a flag she didn't know. To her it was a freighter, but what?

Cleveland: A hog islander? No, superstructure's different

That same moment, the two from late in the defence, the aircraft carrier Illustrious and the battleship Prince of Wales, decided to walk up to the three. They soon noticed Enterprise beside them.

PoW: What are you doing, Miss Enterprise?

Enterprise: I want to meet these three. You saw one of them take on Kaga like she didn't break a sweat.

PoW: That's fine with me.

Illustrious: Judging from the sounds of their guns, two of them that look like passenger ships has Royal Navy weapons.

PoW: 6inch guns with 12-pounder AA. That's quite a poor armament.

Enterprise: And that appears to have a mix of 3inch/50, 5inch38 guns with Oerlikons.

Illustrious: That's quite the mixed armament. Two kinds of mains with those AA guns.

PoW: But they used theirs to good effect, despite their disadvantage.