Operation: Gallipoli (Part 2)

24th April, abandoned island

At the abandoned island surrounded by fog, the girls of Operation: Cloak and Dagger were hiding out among the buildings that were in ruins inside a vessel just as grey as the buildings. The mysterious passenger liner and its shipgirl revealed herself to none other than the legendary transatlantic liner, now troopship, HMT Aquitania. Both her and Sheffield went out to scout while Kormoran, Curlew, Edinburgh and Akashi hid out in the troopship. They were listening to the radio and including the voice from someone who calls herself "Melbourne".

(A/N: All transmissions over radio would be done in italics.)

Aquitania: Status up?

Sheffield: It appears the Sakura Empire have us surrounded. Multiple mass-production siren ships under their control too on all sides.

 Multiple mass-production siren ships under their control too on all sides

"Melbourne": I can say that's an affirmative. I can see several Japanese warships. It's like a floating maritime museum.

Aquitania: Ahem!

"Melbourne": Sorry, mate. I forgot you were scrapped before I was completed.

On top of a Fusou-class super dreadnought, Yamashiro looked over the island from the top of the aft tripod mast.

Yamashiro: Hmmmmm... Gotcha now. (slides down the mast, unintentionally) Ouchie!

Two Tenzans flew over the ruined structures looking for the previous intruders. These were scouts launched by Zuikaku.

"Melbourne": My Skyhawks are picking up two shapes on radar. Looks like two Nakajima B6N2 "Tenzans", Allied codename "Jill". Request permission to blast them out of the sky?

Sheffield: Go ahead. Try getting them shocked with your planes.

"Melbourne": Yes, madam. Sidewinders armed.

Two McDonnell Douglas A-4G "Shyhawk" jet fighters blasted over the Sakura fleet, which in a stroke of coincidence, the shipgirls on the battleships and other Sakura ships present watched as the two futuristic fighters fired a small rocket from their wings. There was suddenly two explosions and Zuikaku fell back in fright, as if waking from a nightmare.