love (charlotte)

As soon as we hit the bottom of the stairs, I ran to the couch, waiting for him to turn on a movie.

He slipped "Jaws" in, and ran back, jumping on the couch beside me.

"can I nap?" I laughed, laying down on one end, while he layed down on the other.
He just smiled and grabbed a blanket, throwing it on top of me. He was so sweet.

He sat down, rubbing my feet softly.
"Charlie... Go to sleep. That's fine, babe." he smiled, kneading the middle of my foot, making me giggle.

"shhh... Go to sleep. Good night, beautiful." he assured me, turning to watch the movie while he rubbed my foot.

I fought to keep my eyes open, but finally succumbed to sleep, letting my mind run to places my mind wouldn't dare go to while awake.

I can't get out... I can't get out of here, I'm trapped, and I keep yelling. I can see my parents, and yell for them... I don't know how, but I can tell that it's them.
They turn around, and all I can see is emptiness. They have no eyes or mouth or nose, just a black hole. I run for them. But they keep getting farther and farther away... Finally, the darkness closes in, and I'm left alone, wandering around... I can't stop crying, screaming... I need to find something... Someone who can save me. Who can take all of the fear, loneliness, worry, anger... Take all of it away, leaving me empty... But not empty the way most people are so sure they are. They aren't empty... I feel empty too. But the truth is, we just aren't filled with anything we can learn from... It affects us, making us push others away and leaves us lonely...
But if someone would just come take it all away, and let me be truly lonely, I could finally be filled... Filled with the innocence of a child. Filled with the joy and happiness and hope, confidence and love, that I have had taken away... I'm lost, in the dark... What do I do?
Finally I feel warmth wrap around me. I turn around and barely make out a face... Shane.
He is my hope, my joy, my happiness. He is my future... I'm ready to have that future.

And then I woke up

"goodmorning charlie." I heard a whisper, followed by an earth shattering kiss.
There's my future, making my head spin with a beautiful kiss. Perfect.

"goodmorning, prince charming." I joked, sitting up to look at him. His smile sent chills down my spine... He was amazing.

"how long was I asleep?" I asked, curious to see if the dream was as long and crazy as I had thought.

"Well, about a good three hours. I watched Jaws, and most of Blind Side, while you slept." he sighed, patting my thighs while standing up, walking into the bathroom and grabbing water for me.

"I'm sorry, babe. I wanted to stay awake, but my medication just sorta... Drains me. But you know about that." I joked, smiling as I took the cup and drank.

"I'm gonna head out for a smoke... Okay?" he asked, walking up the stairs.
It took everything in me not to go with him, smoke and get in trouble again. I could be doing worse... Much worse. But that doesn't make it okay. He needs to quit too.

When he blew smoke into my mouth today, I could hardly bear it... It's such a temptation, but I know brett would kill me. He hates it... But damn, I want it so bad.

Ugh... Screw it, I need one.

I walked up stairs, and walked outside to shane.
I took his cigarette out of his mouth, and took a drag, kissing him softly.
He smiled, taking it back to take a deep breath off of it.

"Have I brought you back to the dark side?" he said sarcasticly, wrapping an arm around me tightly.

This was what it was supposed to feel like. Being happy... This was too damn perfect sometimes. Sometimes I would just wait for the other shoe to drop... But this was gonna be different. I'm gonna make it different.

"Babe, you could ask me to go to the dark side of the moon and I'd follow you." I whispered into his chest, hugging him tightly.

I just stood there for a bit, wrapped up in his arms. Finally, his cigarette went out, no more paper left to burn before he began to burn his fingers.

He flicked it onto the ground, kissing the top of my head before picking me up, throwing me over his shoulders, and walking me inside.

"I'm never letting you go, babe... Never." he whispered into my ear, giving me chills.

"promise?" I teased, kissing his cheek softly.

"promise." he laughed, laying me down on the bed and jumping on next to me.
"so... What are you gonna do about a job?" he asked softly, drawing circles around my bellybutton through my shirt.

"I don't know, honestly... They didn't fire me... Yet." I really hope they won't let me go... I need this job, and I really want it.

"well... I'm gonna get a job soon. I feel like such a piece for not bringing any Mon-" I cut him off, kissing him hard.

"stop. You're gonna have a cast for about another month and... You're still gonna have a few weeks going easy on it. Please, just relax for a minute or two... Please?" I begged, kissing his temple softly.

He just looked at me, smiling softly. He was so damn beautiful when he smiled, his eyes the perfect shade of green, and his scar above his eye, it was so cute. It was just light enough to be barely visible unless you were as close as we were now... He was perfect.

"I love you." I mumbled, rubbing the back of his head softly. His eyes were heavy, constantly dragging his eyes back up. He was tired... He needed a nap.

I snuggled up next to him, wrapping my arms around him and dragging a blanket up to his chin, rubbing his head softly and kissing his forehead.

"goodnight." I whispered, letting him fall asleep.