jail sucks(Brett)

I can't remember jack shit. My head is pounding and I'm sitting on a cot in the drunk tank... What the hell happened?

I heard someone here put a guy in the hospital, pretty damn aggressive if you ask me. I'd better use that phone call now, huh?

"Brett, you're out, you have visitors." a gaurd said, opening the door.
Most of the guys called him bigfoot due to the fact that he was absolutely huge.
He looked like a sky scraper with a cop stache.

I walked out, completely confused.
How did anyone even know I was here? More importantly, why am I here?

I was lead into the visiting room, and sat down, before watching charlie walk in with Shane, her cheeks red with tears. What the hell did I do?

She sat down in front of me, looking at me from across the table, a confused and lonely look in her eyes.

"What did you do?" she whispered, grabbing my hands softly, fighting back tears.

My head was spinning in confusion, I honestly could hardly tell what I was saying. "I... I don't remember." I stammered,trying to focus on last night harder.

It was all fuzzy... It all seemed like a dream. The last thing I remembered was driving, and I blacked out.

Finally, after an eternity of silence, Shane spoke up. "What do you remember?" he was trying to help, but he was talking to me like a child, and I didn't like it.

"Nothing. I remember getting a few drinks with friends, and getting into my car. After that everything goes black... Why the hell am I in here?" I keep trying not to yell, but it's kinda hard with both of them looking at me like this.

They looked so lost... I was always the one to take care of her... Lottie was my responsibility, and I was the one who kept her level. I raised that little girl... And now I'm sitting here, and can't remember anything from last night. I'm in jail, with a huge hangover, a pounding headache, and no memory of last night.

"Apparently last night after you'd left the bar, someone went and payed a visit to James..." shane paused, wrapping his arms around charlie.

"And now he's in the hospital, broken arm and several broken ribs... He had internal bleeding, Brett... He's gonna be okay. He's not pressing charges. But they're sentencing you to A.A. Classes, and anger management." he finished, charlie sobbing and there fore incapable of talking at all.

"... I'm so sorry. I didn't want to... I mean, I didn't think I... I- I..."
I stammered, trying to find the right words to express my feelings. I felt so guilty, and I didn't know how to fix it... I'm a disappointment. What the hell can I do?"
##############################

(Shane)
"he's lucky james didn't press fucking charges!!!" Charlie yelled in the truck.
She was pissed. She never cussed this much. I just need to get her home. If I can get her home, I can help her. I can calm her down.

"stop the car." she mumbled, as we came up on Don's bar.

This wasn't gonna end well, but I needed a drink about as much as she did. As soon as we walked in, I was hit by the smell of booze, sweat, and smoke. This was where everyone had gone on nights after football when we were in highschool. They were lax on id checking.

It almost felt homey... I sort of missed it, I guess.
"vodka, please?" she asked in her smooth voice, begging with her eyes.
No one could resist that face.

"sure thing, babe." he winked, making my blood boil.
Self control... I mumbled to myself, praying it would work in calming my temper.

Shocker, didn't help. But, I didn't hit him, instead I kissed her, making his smooth smile drop off his ugly face.
Perfect.

After she downed her first shot, she began to smile, looking more relaxed every time. This was how is should have been. She should be this happy all the time... I will make her this happy, forever.

After about my sixth shot, she had had about twelve, and was a bit giggly, getting flirtier and flirtier with me. Not that I'm complaining, but I had to cut her off, because I'm not sure how much self control I had left in me, and denying a girl like that isn't easy when your sober.

"baby, kiss me." she mumbled, getting up and sitting on my lap, straddling my legs. Damn her, wanting to wait, and teasing me like this.

I kissed her softly, picking her up, and paying our tab before running us both out to the truck her still holding on while I carried her out to the truck.

"I love you... I love you sooooo much." she laughed, beginning to slurr her words a bit.

"I just wanna kiss you... You're like a panda bear with your beard, all fluffy and cuddly... But not in a fat way... You've got a great body." she rambled, wiggling her eyes at the last sentence.

She was too damn cute for her own good... Or mine.

"you do too, babe. But someone needs to sit in the truck, cuz holding you is making me... Tired." I giggled, ignoring what I really meant.

"How'd I get so lucky?" I whispered, buckling her in to the truck like a gentleman.

"same way I did... God knew we'd sin. He thought we might as well burn in hell together." she laughed darkly, kissing my neck before I pulled away.

"there's one theory." I mumbled, walking around the front of the car and jumping in to drive home.

The drive was filled with about two things, charlie giving me hickeys, and me telling her to buckle up... A very, very hard drive home.

As soon as we pulled into the drive way, she climbed back onto my lap, kissing my cheek, smiling ear to ear.
"thank you for taking care of me." she whispered in her baby voice, kissing me again before grabbing me tightly, waiting for me to carry her inside.

How was I supposed to just say no?
"I'll always take care of you, baby girl." I whispered, kissing her top of her head before wrapping her up and carrying her inside, calming her down a bit.

As soon as she was settled, I curled up next to her, putting on "Top Gun". She immediately cuddled closer to me, breathing in deeply into my shirt. She looked so adorable and innocent.

I couldn't help but kiss her, and as her eyes fluttered open, I realized how perfect she really was. This was my future... I hope.