why?

(charlie)

"He left... Just like that. I'm so confused.
Don't get me wrong, I know why he was pissed... I shouldn't have yelled at him, he was right but... I just don't understand why everything has to be so difficult.

When we were friends, this was never a problem... But I wasn't his problem. He didn't have to take care of me. He just did it because he wanted too. Now, I don't know.

I didn't want to worry him. But I knew it would start a fight... What the hell was I thinking?

I don't get it. Guys are a hassel. They're lucky they're pretty. I need to give him his space. Wherever he went, he needs time. Time away from me."
I was talking to Rory, one of James's old friends who sided with me during our... "situation."

"You shouldn't be alone... I'm worried about you. I'm coming over, okay?" he mumbled, half asleep.

I feel like a jerk for waking him up, but I need him. No, correction, I need Shane. But he's pissed at me, and Rory is my next best option. He's awesome. Better than most people know, because they actually believe his whole "player" act. He's really very sweet.

"Okay, but I swear to God if you expect me to go anywhere, you're high. We're watching tv and eating popcorn, deal?" I laughed, feeling a little lighter than before.

He has always been an amazing friend, and I need him here, tonight. I don't wanna be alone. Honestly? I don't think I can be.

"Of course. I'll be there in an hour, promise." he mumbled, laughing.

"Bye, bitch." I said, feigning disgust.
I didn't do the whole girl best friend thing. Other girls drove me insane, therefore I had guy friends. That was all I wanted... All I needed.

"Watch it, hun. I'll get you." he joked, hanging up.

He was like my older brother, but less mature. It was perfect, because he was a normal guy. He wasn't sappy or dorky or anything else. He wasn't dark or twisty, and for once, I had a light hearted happy friend. No drama, just smiles.

I'd better actually get presentable though. The whole tank top and shorts thing is a little to... Revealing, for him. He isn't my boyfriend.

I may be pissed and hurt, but atleast I'm smart enough to avoid giving him the wrong idea. He isn't worth losing Shane. He just isn't. I just need a friend, and he knows that... Right?

Hmmm... Those tiger print sweats, hair in a messy bun, no makeup, and... Shane's tshirt. I miss him already, and it's only been three hours... Sad, huh?

It still smells like him. I love that smell. It smells like home. It smells like a safe, loving, protective, perfect man.

Fourty five minutes later, someone knocked on the door.
I ran to the door, trying not to fall. Safe to say, from the rug burn on my hands and my skinned knee, I fell... Hard.

When I got up, trying to recover from the burning pain everywhere, I limped to the door, grabbing the handle and pulling it open, met by Rory, a box of popcorn and a 24 pack of beer in his hands... This is why we are friends.

"Rory!" I yelled, wrapping my arms around his neck. He had gotten bigger, bulked up, and was breathing like he had run a marathon.

"Hey chickadee! I missed you." he laughed, kissing my cheek and walking inside. He was in the same sweats from baseball, and a muscle shirt. He was adorable.

"So where too, babe?" he smiled, adjusting the beer case in his hand.

I smiled at his innocent act. He was like a child. "So, you can put the beer on the table and throw the popcorn in the microwave. I'm gonna set up a cooler to keep the beer cold. Okay?" I smiled, turning and running out to the garage.