love makes you crazy.

Shane called at 10, sounding a bit drunk to be honest and.

I couldn't understand much, and what I did understand made my heart drop even faster. It went a little something like this.

Me:"hello?" a confused me yawned, half asleep, I might add.

Him:"hey... Could you pick me up, I fought with james and now my stiches are broken... I'm hurting. Please?" he slurred, sounding dead drunk.

Me:"where are you? I'll be on my way." I tried to hide the anger in my voice. I thought he was done with getting drunk when he was upset. He went to far when he was upset.

Him:"at carol's place, having a few drinks. I think I messed up, baby... I need you right now, I can't keep drinking forever, and my hand is burning, bad... I love you." he was sucking up... I'm gonna hurt him.

Me:"on my way... Stop drinking. Pay your tab, and walk out or you're walking home." I mumbled, still slightly groggy.

Him:"do I have to? It makes me feel better." he laughed, joking as if everything was fine.

Me:"if you want to see me tonight, stop. Now. I mean it, babe. I love you, wait for me outside the bar. Bye" I sighed, knowing I couldn't be mad for long.
I hate that he does this to me sometimes.

I hung up, changing into jeans and a tank top, grabbing my leather jacket and throwing on a pair of boots.

If I'm gonna pick him up, he can deal with whatever I wanna say, do, or drink in the process. He's drunk, and fought with James. I know he did it for me, but I just wanna move on.

And now I'm pissed... I need a drink more than I thought...

As soon as I opened the door, I was hit with the smell of smoke and beer, and all I felt was an ache for james... He was an ass, I know, but... There were good parts of him.

He had good qualities, like the way he held me when I had cramps, or the way he talked to me when I was sad, he always took care of me... Even when he was the one to hurt me.

Shane was so much better, what the hell am I thinking, missing the man who beat me?

... I'm crazy. I actually miss the one person in this world that truly deserves to be hated... I have a man who was willing to kill for me, and I'm missing the one person I should never think about again.

That's when I spotted him, sitting at the bar with nick. Dammit, nick always pushed him to drink even more.
He was an alcoholic, and hated drinking alone... Bad combo.

I walked up behind him, placing both hands on his waist.
Even when he was drunk, sloppy, and almost passed out, he was still hard as a rock, and you could feel his muscle through his shirt...
Well, that's nice.

"hey, baby... You ready to head home?" I asked softly, whispering in his ear.
looked over at nick just in time to see an angry look wash over his eyes.

"forget her, stay and drink. You don't need her to tell you when to go ho-"
He was interrupted by shane's fist, which made a loud crunch against his nose.
Deffinately broken.

"That's my girlfriend, you're talking about. Shut the hell up unless you want me to hit you again." he mumbled, glaring at nick like he could kill with a look.

Nick just glared at him, and then at me, his eyes filled with hate.
"she must be good in bed for you to do this to me." he huffed, standing up and putting a hand under his bleeding nose.

"say another word, and I'll break a few of those pretty little ribs... Not in the mood, and you look like the right target." shane said through clenched teeth, giving him a warning look.