night

(Shane)

She still won't get back in the truck... Neither of us wanna go back home and face the dragon known as Dahlia.

My mama's a scary woman sometimes, and I don't wanna get an earful from her tonight.

Charlie already tore me a new one. And if my mom found out how I'd reacted, or the dancing... Or the kiss? You would never find my body, but missing persons would have a new addition.

We have been sitting on the tailgate for a good half hour, and all I can say, is she is always gonna have me for these times... She said in a few days she has another appointment, and she wanted me to come.

Honestly? I'm scared shitless. This is a huge change in both of our lives. I don't know jack shit about depression or bipolar disorder. It's just new is all, but... I'm just glad we have eachother for both of our problems.

I felt her snuggle in closer to me, breathing in my neck and making me laugh a bit.
Is she snoring?

Okay, so she's asleep. Great. I can't just wake her up, but I'm still a little tipsy... If it was just me, I'd drive for sure, but I'm not risking hurting her. She's my world. I have no idea what I'd do without her... Probably drink alot.

I layed back, holding her and cradling her head into my chest as she came down next to me, falling perfectly with my body. She fit like a puzzle piece.

She mumbled in her sleep, nothing coherent, but it was the cutest damn thing I'd ever heard.

I held her a little tighter, kissing the top of her head softly, smelling the beer she must have spilled in her hair at some point... Oh well, she's cute.

I saw red and blue lights of a cop race by, making my heart jump into my throat. The sirens sounded loudly, waking charlie, scaring her worse than me.

She sat up, screaming bloody murder, thrashing like she could fight off the noise.
I grabbed her flailing arms, talking her down as she started to remember where she was.

Finally she smiled at me, wrapping her arms around me, putting her ice cold hands up my shirt. I wanted so badly to flinch away, but she was so cold, I couldn't tell her no.

"Goodmorning sexy." she mumbled, kissing my chest over my tshirt.
"goodmorning love." I replied softly, trying to hide how hot she sounded when she had just woken up.
It was the perfect voice.

"How long have I been asleep?" she asked softly, looking up into my eyes innocently.

She was so adorable. I missed her and it wasn't even 12 hours we'd been apart.
"About ten minutes, if that." I whispered in her ear, tickling her neck with my beard.

"Do we have to go home, babe?" she begged, wanting to avoid my mom and Rory.
Okay, I'm not his biggest fan. So what? Sue me.

I thought a bit about it, weighing the pros and cons.
Pros:
*A night alone with my baby girl.
*freedom to make up and make out.
*freedom to drink without my mom's dirty looks of shame.
*keeping her happy.
*no rory.
Cons:
*cost of hotel room.
*My mom.
*No clean clothes.

I looked into her eyes, seeing how sad and worried she was. She pulled the softest puppy dog eyes and the sexiest pouty lip ever.

She pulled on my heart strings, making me wanna kiss her until her neck was black and blue from hickeys, narking her as mine.

But that was wrong, so I settled for a quick peck on her nose, and a smile.
"We could go to Brett's place?" she begged, tugging on my tshirt.

"But what about my mom, and Randy?" I laughed, messing up his name again on purpose.