Chapter 29

The past...

****

Entering, the small teenager shook off his shoes in excitement, allowing his bag to thud the ground before he excitedly ran around like a smaller kid and with that he greeted his mum with a warm hug behind her.

"Ohh?" She exclaimed before a chuckle left her lips. She turned her body from the stove, patting her legs with her hands and with that she embraced the smaller male towards her body.

"Looks who's excited" she teased her son as the teenager backed away with a smile glowing on his face.

There was nothing better than seeing his mother, cooking in the kitchen as he smelled the delicious process of the food she made.

The teenager didn't Say much, but he knew he didn't have to, his mother didn't force him to, she knew him like an open book.

The green curly haired male left the kitchen, heading to his blue and yellow themed room as he changed into much more comforting clothing, glancing around seeing how many action figures he had held as treasures stacked on shelves in his room.

He loved all might. The man was a hero despite his age. He always smiled he hid his fears, and he conquered the battleground fairly easily. He wanted to be just like that.

Leaving his room, he headed to the dining room, which was situated right by the kitchen. He helped his mother by plating out the dishes and utensils and finished it off with cups to drink from.

Meanwhile, his mother hummed to a non-existent tune as she carried a pot of scorching hot food and let it rest on the surface of the table.

The table was wooden, so not trouble was going to be caused. The table wouldn't melt.

"So honey, how's the application to the school going?" His mother asked. It didn't take long before he answered. "It's going well, just a few more things" the male spoke, leaving some sort of mystery at the end, which his mother played off.

"Oh I'm so proud of you, just make sure you're able to control that quirk of yours, it's quite dangerous but it can come in hand for sure" she assured. The green eyed male smiled with a nod.

Recently, he had just gotten his quirk. It was out of hand, and he was attempting to get it in control, but it wasn't as easy as it sounded.

He's been hard at work. Sleeping has been rough. A lot has been rough.

He didn't tell his mum.

He filled his bowl and his plate before he dug in forgetting the worries of his quirk.

In reality, he hadn't applied to UA yet. He was scared. He wanted to get his quirk in control. He wanted to be better and to be proud.

A lot of people applied, and a lot of them had such talent that he could be thrown off in an instant, he didn't want that.

...

He didn't want that. He didn't want to see the one thing he was wishing not to see on his paper.

The sight of his mother tearing and allowing the tears to trickled down her eyes. Why was she crying?

The smaller male frowned. All that practice...

For nothing...