30 - Not a smile

Build's POV

Build's POV

"I'm gonna meet you at your office...I don't want to be seen in public with him."

"Okay."

"10 minutes only then I'm out."

"Okay...okay...I'm driving him there."

...

(Build's friend Office)

Despite the kind face that looks at me tenderly and wants to welcome me in a warm hug, I can't.

A block within me makes me just greet him from a distance and take a seat on the other side of the conference table.

It's like something inside me just wants to get away from everything and everyone from my past...even those who care for me.

"Thank you for letting me see you, my friend. I've been trying to contact you for so long."

P'Tong hands me a gift.

"..."

"It's your favorite."

P'Tong gives me a bottle of an expensive red wine.

"Thank you. You shouldn't..."

"Since you left Thailand, I have news that you are doing well."

I glare at my friend...but he shakes his head.

"...from your sister, Biu..."

"I appreciate your concern, P'Tong. I'm doing fine. Did my sister tell you I was here?"

"No. It was a coincidence...I swear. I came here for a fashion campaign...a photo shoot and some other projects. The make-up artist told me she usually works for a Thai fashion producer. She mentioned your friend's name and I remembered him. You had already introduced us in Thailand, remember? I heard he is going to launch a collection and I came to talk about it...and we ended up talking about you."

"It's true, Biu" My friend added. "P'Tong left that producer company...and is working on an interesting project. I think you should listen to him."

"Yes...I have my own producer company now. It's small, but we have some projects."

"I'm happy for you."

"One of my projects is about my book...I have a sponsor to produce a small series of my book. It's a small budget, for a few episodes, and it will run on an open platform.It doesn't have to be shot in Thailand. Actually the production costs here are very good."