45 - Lamb

PR Chang's POV

"Action!"

"Every time Steve says this word my heart beats fast."

"Haha...why so anxious, PR Chang?! First episode was launched and quickly ranked number one in its genre."

"Amazing indeed. Mr Chen. Live episodes have not been part of tv productions for a long time. So instantly our series became the sensation of the moment. Mr. Chen made delicious sweet juice out of those sour lemons. Genius move, sir." I compliment our executive producer.

"The cast and crew were shocked when director Steve announced episodes would be filmed live. I'm glad everybody survived until now."

"That Thai production partner tried to dissuade you from the decision, but production aspects of this nature are entirely subject to the creative and decision-making freedom of our Taiwanese production company. In this way, you would prevent the content of the episodes from being changed before they were aired. Steve has full creative control of the series now.  You showed them who is boss at the end of the day, Mr. Chen."

"I can expect some retaliation in the future though..."

"That Thai producer company is not joking."

"Yes, I made a risky decision by doing business with them. Perhaps not the right decision. I intended to take great advantage of controversy...and put ourselves in this situation."

"Even so, now the series has become a marketing success, with brands getting in touch to have their products instantly advertised to easy my job. 

"Thai producer is gaining his share...and keeping his mouth shut."

"For how long, though?!"

"What exactly are your thoughts, PR. Chang?!"

"All repercussions of this measure are still unknown. A lot of pressure was put on the cast and crew to do it live. Any mistake could compromise the project and make it a failure.

"We are not in an easy field indeed. There are many wolves in sheep's clothing... many interests behind the scenes."

"To what extent do we have control of the situation, Mr. Chen?!"

"It's a good question."

"I know that Mr. Chen's decision was not only due to the noble cause of preventing an injustice, but for marketing reasons, as has been proven. How willing would you be to make risky decisions like that in the future, Mr. Chen?!"I glance at the casting. "Why would a local production company try so hard to bring down a single simple actor, sir?! I can't stop thinking about it. I can't come to any conclusions. But I'm willing to find out."

"Why so interested?! You care for the guy. I got it. He's nice. But don't get emotionally involved, PR Chang... This is of no use."

"I'm not romantically involved or interested, if you're implying such a thing, Mr. Chen. It's just...not right."

"Haven't you seen enough hypocrisy when working in the media...with public relations? Reputation can be created and destroyed in the blink of an eye. What people see and hear may be exactly what others want. There is nothing more ephemeral than truth in this environment."

"We are talking about human lives."

"A PR with some conscience."

"You know more than anyone what happens when someone wants to destroy you, Mr. Chen."

"If you know that I know this from painful experience, why are you so afraid that I might sacrifice a lamb?!"

"Because you eat lamb for dinner, Mr. Chen."