32

"Luffy, what is this?" Zoro asked as Chopper carefully bandaged his Captain's hand.

Though Luffy was willing to answer Swordsman and explain everything that he had missed out on, he preferred to wait until everyone had left his room.

Only then, did he muster up enough courage to tell his first mate about what he and Sanji had been going through since last night.

Closing the door behind him, he slowly turned over and asked his Swordsman to sit down beside him.

After taking a seat next to Luffy, the older male patiently waited for the younger to speak, staring into his eyes as they began to droop down, unveiling the visible sorrow buried behind the look of bravery he had given Chopper before.

Luffy carefully locked eyes with his Swordsman for a moment as the bright colors in his bedroom began to fade off and transition into an obscure darkness that an unexpected thunderstorm cursed the skies and the ocean with.

The cold touch of his skin added to the lonesome feel that the sudden temperature drop emitted throughout the Sunny.

Being raised in such a bright, countryside town full of trees, grass, and sunlight, Luffy had always taken a liking to the warm weather.

But right now, the darker the sky became, the calmer Luffy felt, in spite of his facial expressions failing to represent those emotions.

"Hey! Are you listening to me? I've been calling out to you for hours, Luffy."

Snapping out of the trance he was under, Luffy's surroundings grew less blurry.

"Oh, you were? S-sorry, I was just.. Never mind that."

He shook his head to eliminate the amount of thoughts that refused to let his mind be at peace.

Soon, when he was finally empty headed again, the comforting feeling his body was numbed by, had faded away in seconds, leaving the young man to be faced with reality.

"You've been acting strange lately." His Swordsman confessed after observing Luffy for awhile now.

Upon making this statement, his intentions were meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

However, his choice of words weren't entirely exceptional through his Captain's eyes.

"How do you expect me to act? Happy? Cheery?"

The younger responded, showcasing the same pessimistic behavior Zoro was starting to recognize more and more each time from him.

"From this point on... It's gonna be hard to tell. You're very unpredictable lately."

Luffy's mood changed drastically and worsened, the longer he would listen to Zoro.

And the worst part of it all, was that he didn't understand why he felt such hatred in that moment.

"What's happening to me? Now it's not just with Sanji. It's with Zoro too..." Zoro's voice started to fade off into a distance for Luffy.

He no longer heard his voice, or Sanji's, or Franky's, no one's voice could trespass through the boy's ears.

Because from the moment someone started to talk to him...

He would hear someone else talking back.

"Sabo's gonna die! Sabo's gonna die!"

"Don't start..." His tongue started to grow dry as he bit down on his cheek, staring directly at Zoro, unable to hear the man's voice.

In addition, he had started to remember everything else that had been spoken to him during breakfast when no one was around the dinner table.