38

The following morning, after attending to his injuries almost all night, Chopper helped Luffy heal properly, telling him to rest as much as possible, and to avoid making any hasty movements.

By now, he was already sitting down at the dining room table, having breakfast with his friends.

His faithful crewmates were what kept the young Captain going.

Well... That, and his endless love for Sanji's exquisite delicacies, that is.

Though his head still felt fuzzy from last night, Luffy let his mind engage in the ambience around him, and didn't let it focus on yesterday's incident.

This way, he could keep it as an event of the past, oppose to a dreadful memory to carry with him.

He already has too many of those to torment him.

"How are you feeling today, Luffy?" Robin asked, talking in a subtle manner with a gentle smile on her face.

"Mmfhunfry! So hungr- OOOOH, I want some of that too!!"

Robin chuckled sweetly at her Captain's rushed response as the boy eagerly stretched his arm out to grab ahold of a freshly made stack of waffles.

"USE YOUR FORK! And let Nami-San and Robin-Chan have the ones on the top!" Sanji scolded, pouring syrup over his special fluffy treats.

"Mmmh! These are delicious, Sanji-Kun!"

"Really good. They have a great texture too."

"Ah ~ I'm so happy to hear that ~~ Help yourself to as many as you want, lovelies!!"

The Cook sighed, restocking on his daily dose of oxytocin from hearing Nami and Robin praise his cooking.

One of the many things he adored the most about being a Chef was seeing the satisfaction across someone's face after they have taken a bite of his freshly made meals.

"Mmhnmfh- CFCFFCFH-!"

"Need some water, Luffy?"

Nodding his head at Sanji, the Cook had a slight smile across his face as he walked back to the kitchen to grab a glass of water for his Captain who was currently still choking on a fluffy piece of waffle.

"Wheeew! Dyu dyust daved me, dank dyu, Danjiiii.." The boy's speech was distorted as he thanked Sanji for lending him a helping hand.

Sanji nodded his head at the younger, taking a seat after cooking the last meal that he needed for Brook.

"Here you go, Gramps. Green tea with two percent skimp milk, as requested."

"You know, Sanji-San.... That last mention of skimp milk wasn't really ne-"

"You want it or not?"

"Thank you for this meal, my brittle bones will appreciate it. YOHOHO!!!"

Brook bowed his head down, sighing as a few of the Straw Hats cracked a smile at his amusing interaction with Sanji.

When their long breakfast came to an end, the Straw Hats went their separate ways to assume their daily activities in life.

Chopper, Luffy, and Usopp were chasing after each other in a rather violent game of tag where the other person who's "It" has to free themselves from that position by tasing the other opponent down.

Meanwhile, Nami was monitoring the weather outside, admiring what a bright and colorful day it was, and planning on sunbathing as the sun became warmer.

A few hours afterwards, Sanji went back to the kitchen to prepare dinner by 7p.m., knowing how hungry his crewmates often became around that time throughout the day.