Chapter 1.

1. First meeting

Running, is something I have done my whole life. Running is what I'm best at. I run away from all my problems, instead of facing them. Running would of been a good thing but.. running is what killed them.

My parents...

I've seen death before,it's apart of my job but when I saw those things...walkers or whatever they are...I was such a coward, they were yelling for help. I just ran away, and now I'm all alone.

I ran as fast as I could, panting and gasping for air. Tears rolling down my face, I was running towards a forest. Foolish isn't it. But I couldn't think at all...I stopped and sat on a tree, crying.
All I could think about was their face of betrayal, them being eaten. I cried for what it seem a long time. My eyes are now puffy and red, I had to pull myself together.

I got up and kept walking, I found my way back into the neighborhood. It was quiet,destroyed and empty... I head towards the nearest store and checked if it was safe, once I checked, I entered quietly and slowly. I grabbed a basket and started to grab any food left from the shelves, most of the shelves were empty but luckily there was some left. As I checked the store, I saw that there was a bag laying. I took it and stuff everything in there and made my way to the Armory store.

I went in and it was empty, I felt nervous but tried to search for a weapon. I found knives and a dagger. I took them with me and left the store. I kept walking and saw that there were walkers, I hid and started to freak out. I haven't actually killed one or encountered one alone.

I waited for them to leave and kept walking, I don't even know where I'm going. I'm just going where my legs are leading to. The sun started to set and I knew I had to find shelter. There was abounded cars, and I would stay there for the night. I got in one and locked it, I set my bags down and looked out the window.

I miss you guys..I'm so so sorry. Im so weak and such a coward. I'm sorry....I hugged myself and slowly went to sleep.
_______

I slowly woke up because of the brightness of the sun. I stretched,grabbed my bag and got out of the car. I was now back on my so called journey. I just wanted company, there has to be people who are alive.

I was now at a highway, there were a bunch of abandoned cars. I searched almost all of them, there were snacks,clothes, no weapons. Not like I'm even using it. Then I saw a car that had something written. I made my way towards it, "Sophia Stay Here We Will Come Every Day" it read and there was snacks, water, a flashlight and a blanket. It looks like it's been a couple days, i felt guilty taking them but I had no choice.

I took some of the snacks and water, I left the blanket and took the flashlight and placed it inside my bookbag, I realized that the car was close to the forest. Maybe Sophia went there, my curiosity led me to find this girl. I climb over the fence and made my way down the forest. That was my big mistake.

As I was walking, I heard something come towards me. I was about to run, but I can't run away again. I grabbed knife and turned around fast, getting reading to attack. As I was about to swing, I saw that it was a horse. I put my knife away and head towards the horse.

"Hey cutie.." I said softly as I held my hand out, the horse stopped and seemed to calm down a little. I started to pet the horse, "Your safe now..it's alright. How did you even get here?" I said and saw that the horse left footprints so I just had to follow them. The horse had a rope attach to it, "Come on, I'm going to get you home." I said as I pulled the rope and the horse started to follow me.

I followed the footsteps back and it seemed that it ran away near this cliff. I heard noises from down the cliff, I guided the horse near a tree and grabbed my knife. I  took a deep breath and slowly made my way to the cliff, as I looked down I saw a man. He looked beaten.

"Do you need help?" I asked and the man looked up at me, glaring. "Who'r you?" He said cautiously. "My name is Y/N, I'm guessing..uhm that you lost a horse?" I said and he scoffed and mumbled something. "Uh..anyways, Here take my hand." I said and held my hand out, he hesitated but grabbed it and I pulled him up.

He got up and I let a deep breath out, "May I ask how you got there..?" I said and he looked at the horse, "The dumb horse." He said as he walked toward it. I saw that he was limping, "Are you hurt?!" I asked as I ran towards him. "It's just a small cut" He said, "I can help! I'm a nurse, but I don't have any supplies with me...Do you happen to stay anywhere?" I asked and he looked at me cautiously.

"...Yes" He said as he grabbed his side,"I know this is to much to ask for but If you take me with you I can help!" I said, praying he would say yes. He stayed quiet and sighed. "Alrigh'.." He mumbled and I smiled. I grabbed my bag and pulled the rope so the horse would follow us. "Here let me help." I said as I grabbed his arm and put it around my around my neck so he would walk better. "Lead the way!" I said happily and we started to walk.

He would glance at me a couple times and I would ignore it. "I never got your name.." I asked, "Yer don't need to know." He said,
"I think I do, I mean I did help you after all." I said with a smile, he glared at me. "Daryl." "It's nice to meet you Daryl!" He rolled his eyes, and we kept walking and arrived in this field.

In the distance I saw a house, I smiled and saw that a group was heading towards us. "Are they with you?" I asked and he nodded.
"There's Daryl and with someone else. Don't shoot!" A person yelled and they got closer to us. "You alright Daryl?" The guy asked, "I'm alright..." He said. "We'll get you to Hershell, who'r you?" The guy asked. "My name is Y/N, I helped Dar-" I got cut off by a pain on my shoulder.

I then let go of Daryl and the last thing I remember was falling down and seeing the group around me. I then saw darkness.

A/N; I'm excited to write this because I've been into twd lately and Daryl has become my addiction😍 so I decided on writing this. I hope you enjoy this story and please let me know if you do. Thank you for reading🙏🏼