Chapter 20.

20. Infection.

It was morning and I woke up, Daryl had his arm around my waist. I tried to pull him away but he just groaned, "Daryl, I have to get up." I said with a smile, "Yer' don't need to." He said with his raspy voice and hugged me tighter. "Your so annoying." I said while laughing. "I'll be back after my shift, just rest." I said and he let me go. I kissed him and got up. I went to change and put on my shoes, I grabbed my gun and put it around my waist. I head into the shower room and washed my face. I got a snack on the way and met up with Michonne.

"Gonna head out again?" I said as I ate my snack, "I'll be back, promise. So you and Daryl." She smirked and I smiled hitting her softly. "We're dating now, after that night I told him how I felt and we kissed. He felt the same way and look at us now." I said and she smiled, "Have you two..." she said as she made hand gestures. "Michonne!" I accidentally said out loud and she started to laugh. "No we haven't you weirdo." I said with a laugh, "It's coming! I have to get going now. We'll talk more when I'm back. Want anything while I'm out?" She asked
"Any new clothes." I said, "Like lingerie?" "I will kill you." I said and she laughed. "Okay okay, got it. I'll see you soon." She said and we both hugged and she headed out.

Time past and I heard screams toward cell block D and ran towards it. I open the gate and saw walkers, I pulled out my gun and started to shoot.  "Get back in a cell and lock yourself in!" I yelled and people listen, Rick and others came and started to shoot. I ran towards Carol who had dragged a guy into a cell.

"He's bitten and needs amputation." She said as she tied a belt to his arm. "You hold the arm and I'll cut it." I said and she nod as she gave me a knife and looked at Ryan but then stopped. She looked at me, "It's happening isnt it." Ryan said, "Your just in shock, just lay back." Carol said softly and I was next to her. Ryan started to tell Carol if he can look out for Lizzie and Mica.

She started to cry, I softly rubbed her back, she then told him that he's going to say goodbye to the girls and left. I grabbed Ryan's hand, "I'm sorry Ryan.." "Don't be..please watch over Carol." "I always will." I said with a smile and so did he. Carol came back with the girls, and they started to cry. I felt tears forming, they talked and then Ryan stopped. "It's time Carol." I said and then Carol told the girls what was going to happen, Lizzie asked if she could do it. Carol gave her the knife and then Lizzie freaked out and started to have an attack. I went over to them both, "It's okay Lizzie breathe. In and out sweetie, in and out." I said as me and Mica calmed her down. I blocked them both from seeing and hugged them, so did Carol.
____
We were now all in the Library, "Patrick was fine yesterday, and he died overnight. Two people died that quick. We'll have to separate everyone that was exposed." Carol said, "That's everyone in that cell block. That's all of us, maybe more." Daryl said, "This sickness can be lethal." I said, "We don't know how easily it spreads, is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?" Hershel asked. "Cant just wait and see, there's children. It isn't just the illness, people die they become a threat." Carol said, then we all started to talk about which cell block we should use when we heard a cough. We all got up to check it out and saw Tyreese and Karen.

"You don't sound so good." Carol said, "I'm taking her back to my cell so she can rest." Tyreese said. "Sorry, I don't think that a good idea." Hershel said, "Why, what's going on now?" Karen asked. "We think it's a flu, that's how.. Patrick died." Glenn said. Then they started talking about separating them, and Hershel asked me to go with him. Daryl grabbed my arm, "Be careful." he said, I nod and he kissed me. 

I went with Hershel to the cafeteria,"Still can't believe Patrick is gone."'I said, "I know hun, must of been something he ate." He said, "You think it can be the pigs?" I asked, "It's a possibility." We spent a while talking about the possibilities, he confirmed that cell block A will be where the infected will stay. Then Carol came towards me. "You need to come." She said and I excused myself from Hershel and he smiled.

I followed Carol and saw Rick, Daryl and Tyreese staring at two corpses. "You found em' like this?" Rick asked, "I came to see Karen..and I saw the blood on the floor, and I smelled something burnt..Somebody dragged out here and set them on fire." Tyreese yelled and then went towards Rick, Daryl then went close to Tyreese in case he did something.

"You find out who did this and you bring them to me, you understand. You bring 'em to me!" Tyreese said and Daryl grabbed his shoulder but got pushed off. I was going to get close and Carol stopped me. "Do I need to say it again." Tyreese said, "I know what you feelin', I've been there. You saw me there, you don't need to go there." Rick said.

"Karen didn't deserve this! David didn't deserve this! No body does!" Tyreese yelled, "Alrigh' man.." Daryl said as he grabbed him and then Tyreese pushed him into a wall. I pulled out my gun and Daryl put his arms out telling us to stop. "We're in the same side man." Daryl said, "Okay look, I know what your going through, we all lost someone. You gotta calm down." Rick said and Tyreese pushed him away. "She wouldn't want you being like this." Rick said and Tyreese punched him. "Stop!" Carol yelled. Tyreese hit him again, "Stop Tyreese!" I yelled and Daryl grabbed him. "That's enough." He said. Rick got up and then started to punch Tyreese.

"Rick!" Daryl said and Rick kept punching. Daryl grabbed Rick and Rick yelled to let go of him. I was trying not to cry but it was just terrifying to see. Carol had her mouth covered, Tyreese started to wince in pain. I went to Tyreese, "Please let..let me help." I whispered to him and he hesitates but nods.

I got him up and Daryl head towards us, "Stay with Rick. I'll be okay." I said and he hesitated but stayed. I walked into Tyreese cell and sat him down. I quickly went to my cell and grabbed my supplies, I came back and cleaned the blood from his face. "Can you lay down, please..."  He layed down. I touched his sides and he winced. "You have to rest." I said as I gave him pain killers. "I need to dig them." He said as he took them. There was no point of arguing, I just nod. "Go easy on yourself." I said as I put back my things, "Thank you." He said and left. I sighed and head back into my cell.

~~~

I hope you guys are liking it so far!