Chapter 35 The Carnivore Meeting

Legoshi's POV

I sit against the back of the fence with one hand holding my head. I watch him angrily crush a can while growling. Ugh, he's acting crazy. "I'm gonna kill that sleazy goat. I'll skin him and swallow him whole!" Bill says as he crushes the can in his large palm. I sigh in annoyance. "I know you're mad, but if you say something like that again, I'm out."  I tell him. Bill growls before seemingly calming down a bit. 

"You say that, yet here you are at the carnivore meeting for the first time. So, you've got something pent up in there." I groan and cover my nose as I feel a sneeze coming. I think I've caught a cold from being out so late in the cold. "No, I know exactly why he's here." Tao says. Hmm? I look up at them. "This is all about Tem. I bet he thinks one of us is responsible." 

"Oh, like you said in the locker room." Riz mentions. "Yeah. I gotta say, that kinda hurt." Tao says. "Well, uh, I'm sorry. But... you're right. I came here today because... I thought it would be good to just talk all this out. I'm a suspect too, you know? Because I'm a wolf." I say with my head down. I've got to at least pretend that I'm not looking into his death. If the murderer knows, they could go even further into hiding to avoid getting caught. 

"And I don't think any of us has evidence that clears all of us... right? So, for that reason, um, well..." This is harder than I thought it would be. Come on I've got to speak more clearly or I'm going to get nowhere with this. "If we want to clear the doubt against ourselves, I think we gotta, you know, go out of our way to protect the herbivores and weaker members in the club. That's most important... In other words, you all get what I'm saying right?" They all looked somewhat confused.

"We need to deepen our understanding of each other and provide peace of mind. Then we can-" Bill groans loudly interrupting me. "Enough already!" I stop myself. "Oh..." "Do you hear yourself, you idiot? We've been considerate of them without you giving us a lecture." Bill says in an annoyed tone. Well... uh... he's got me there. "And if no one's ever told you, surprise, actions speak louder than words my friend." Bill says. "Huh?"

"You wanna talk about a deeper understanding? If you really spent the night with that rabbit and Y/N, a carnivore your size and two little things like that, how does it work!?" Bill asks enthusiastically. I was taken aback by the question. T-they wanna know about that night? Do they think the three of us had some kind of threesome!? I-i... with Haru? N-never! Plus, not to mention how awkward it was when I popped an obvious boner the morning after when cuddling with Y/N. I mean that memory is very important to me but... Remembering how it ended is a little awkward.

I groan in annoyance. "First off, me and 'the rabbit' are just friends. Also, if that's all you want out of me, I'm leaving..." I say as I get up and trying to leave but Bill grabs my arms stopping me. "Ah, not so fast. Come on." He says. Kai speaks up, "Oh please, I'm pretty sure everyone here has thought about doing it with Y/N at least once. How was it possible!?" The mongoose asks almost too excitedly. What!!? "Yeah! He's like half your size! Does it all come down to effort!?" Tao adds. Just great, they're all degenerates... "You know after how aggressive Y/N was today, I'm starting to wonder who's actually the top and who's the bottom?" Kai says with a chuckle.

I was starting to get annoyed. That night was important to me and I wouldn't want to have that precious moment intimacy ruined by their perverted imaginations. The way he looked so peaceful rather than constantly having that look of some kind of constant worry while laying against me... The slow calm breathing I could feel. Even if we didn't have sex that night, it's a memory I'll never forget.

"Oh! Wait a second, did you wimp out? " Bill comments breaking me out of my thoughts. I look back at Bill and groan. "Listen, either way, there's no chance I'm telling any of you guys. My memories of that special night... are satisfying enough for me to go on living as a virgin forever!" I say confidently as a strike a proud pose. Realization hits me as I realize how stupid I look and sound say that. Bill sighs. "Dude, seriously? That makes you sound even more perverted, not less." Bill says. 

Aboba stands up and walks up to me. "You know, I'm starting to get the reason behind some of your darkness, and I think the way you love might be... something closer to faith." Huh?  "You believe in something, and your exploring it through caring for herbivores as a whole... Especially after Tem's death and Louis resignation, I don't know what your personal situation is, but I think your feelings are a little strong for one high school crush. Even if Y/N is a carnivore... I think you may have attached some fake ideals to him so you could trick yourself into making him an example of your beliefs." The bird adds.

"What, I'm trying to say is that teenage romance should be fun." Aboba finished by stating. "Yeah, what he said! The bird gets it." Bill says. Do I really see Y/N that way? As some kind of ideal figure? Is that why I was so shocked when he jumped in earlier? I haven't really ever thought of him being aggressive towards anyone even though he's a carnivore just like me. A tingle runs through my nose followed by a loud sneeze. "Did you catch a cold?" Aboba asks. "Nah, I... I can't smell anything." I say as I start to walk away. I should go inside.

I'm stopped once again as this time Riz stops me when he puts his hand on my shoulder. The big grizzly bear looks down at me. "Legoshi, since we were on the topic of both Tem's murder and Y/N... I've noticed that you said all of us are suspects and that we all have no evidence to clear all of us, but... you've failed to mention Y/N in any of those conversations. So, what evidence clears Y/N?" The bear asks. The question caught me off guard even if it was simple. Y/N as a suspect for a murder? "Well, I mean he's so small. I don't think it would be physically possible for him to seriously hurt anyone. Plus he joined the drama club after Tem's death. So that kind of rules him out." I say confident in my answer. 

"Actually Tem and Y/N seem to be around the same height and after today I'm not sure if he is truly harmless. Not to mention that I remember Tem's speaking of Y/N occasionally. They seem to have been somewhat close. So, there's no ruling him out." Riz says. What? He... was close with Tem... I never knew about that. I mean Riz does have a point and I really going to consider my boyfriend as a suspect in a murder... I sigh. "I guess you're somewhat right Riz... I have been a little closed minded with my accusations..."

I walk away from the situation. It looks like all of this may have been for nothing since now I'm leaving with more questions than answers... I take my phone out of my pocket and see a text. It was from Y/N... Huh? That's pretty convenient timing. I read the message. "What are you doing right now?" Y/N's text read. I decide to text him back. "Nothing really." I type out. I press send and get a reply after a few seconds. "Wanna hang out? <3" He sent.

to be continued...