Part 32 - Bonus Chapter

KAI

Jesus, what a day.

Sitting on a hard wooden bench, I close my eyes and rest my head against the stone wall of one of the arena's corridor tunnels waiting for my dad and uncle to arrive. Relief is finally washing over me to see my little sister happy again after all she has been through. Thank fuck I don't have to go through this tournament shit to take The Grey as mine. Although to get my dad to stand aside and hand me the title has taken longer than I ever thought it would. I'm growing inpatient, but for today, I'm just happy for my sister and Finn. My own issues can wait.

As soon as they could get away, the new Alpha and Luna to Red River high tailed it out of here back to their pack house for some privacy and I can't say I fucking blame them. Finn and Isla have done enough fighting for today, however, there's some unfinished business for us Ramsey wolves to sort out before we get to go home.

"This is fucking outrageous. I will have your heads and take your packs for this insult." Growls a gruff voice.

I snap my eyes open and look down the corridor to see Elder Warren in silver chains being dragged towards me by two warrior wolves. Just behind them are the imposing large figures of my father and uncle plus three Elders solemnly following the prisoner.

"Are the armoured convoys ready?" My dad says to me as I get to my feet.

"Yeah, there's three outside waiting to take him to Barren View Prison." I reply to my dad before I scowl at Elder Warren. "Why won't you just let me challenge him so I can kill this fucker."

"Because death is too good for this prick. I want to sit there in that court room and watch his reputation and power being shredded from him as he answers for all his crimes before he's sentenced to a lifetime of being locked up in a silver cell surrounded inmates he helped put in there." Smirks my uncle.

"You've got nothing on me, anything you try and throw at me in those courts will fall to pieces then I will be coming for you and your families for this..." Begins Elder Warren but my dad gets right in his face and cuts him off as his eyes flare with gold.

"Like I said before, you bet on the wrong Grandson. Theodore Tyler has given the Elders here everything they need to lock you away for life. Ledgers, diary accounts and countless documents proving your long history of blackmail, intimidation and illegal activities." My dad smirks at Elder Warren who bares his teeth in rage.

"He wouldn't." Snarls Warren.

One of the other Council Elders steps forward and snatches the gold headed wolf lapel pin from Warren, ripping his shirt in the process. "You're a disgrace. As of today, The Night Walker pack is no longer protected by the alliance of this council."

"You can't. I built that pack from nothing. The rogues will start attacking it within days when they find out." Growls Warren.

"It's done, Warren. We'll see you in court." The Elder spits out before turning to leave. However, before he walks away, he stops and looks to my uncle then to my dad then back to my uncle.

"Lucas." He says stepping forward and putting the wolf headed pin into his hand as my uncle raises an eyebrow with surprise. "Think it over, the council could do with an Elder that's not afraid to make waves." He says seriously before turning and leaving the tunnel with the other councillors in tow.

"You? Take my seat! A fucking cock sucking queer!" Shouts Warren just before my dad darts forward and jabs him hard in the gut making him double up with pain.

My dad looks to Lucas and holds out his hand to shake it. "They're right, the council doesn't need another Elder that would blindly follow the rules like I would have or one like him that would bend them for his own gain, you're the perfect replacement. You could make a real change."