One Shot #3

---------------Bruce's POV: ----------------

(hey all :0, it's been a minute, but I've finally decided that I'm probably going to bring back a second book! *Distant cheers* I'm not 100% on the storyline so if anyone wants to make some suggestions then I'd be glad to hear them! For now, though I'm just happy to be bringing back one of my favorites! Anyways, I hope you enjoy it! I'm planning to write two to three chapters so be on the lookout! -R)

A could hear the explosion before I felt it, the massive boat exploding beside my jet, the bright orange and yellow light flooding my vision to the point I had to steer up in order to see anything, the force from the blast propelling me at speeds that were much too dangerous for someone like me. Even my tech would be a bit tired after something like that. 

I could hear the boat's explosion spreading sending the world below into an ugly orange and yellow light, to the point that you could no longer see the water. The explosions wrecked the boat beyond saving. If we were lucky we could get everyone off in time, but it would require all our attention. I didn't have time to think of this now as the first wave hit. 

I propelled forwards, my machinery yelling from beneath my grip as I pushed forwards with all my might. I tried to ignore the flashes of imagery of my kids, of Alfred,  of Percy in my mind. I needed to save those memories for when I was really dying. 

I kept my jet going steady, pushing as hard as I could against the machinery until the pressure against my hands stopped, the light dying down and my jet leveled out. 

I felt a breath of relief escape me, something I hadn't known I'd been holding in. 

I let my jet coast for a minute as I pulled myself together before I turned it around, facing back to the boat. 

The boat was smoking, billows of smoke poured out of the caved-in hull, inky black pools spreading rapidly from the boat like a disease, infecting the water around it. I could see Aquaman trying his best to quell the mess but even through all his efforts the oil continued to spread. 

The others were racing through the boat, a streak of lightning running to and from the boat from the mainland to the boat and back, it was a repeating cycle. I could also spot superman and Diana, though the two of them seemed to be crashing through the ship like it was paper. 

There really was no way to salvage the ship now. We'd have to pull it off the ocean floor once this problem was solved.

Like always, one problem always caused another. I immediately dialed in a request from the mainland to get emergency vehicles as well as a crew out here to stabilize the area as soon as possible. I could only hope they'd be here in time. I raced forwards, I didn't have time to hope, right now I needed to work.

-------------Percy's POV: ---------------

"What do you mean you lost the ball in the backyard?" I asked with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. Duke and Stephanie looked off to either side as if looking at me would make the situation embarrassing. Stephanie looked a bit annoyed and Duke embarrassed. To be fair, this wasn't the first time this had happened, I'd looked for this soccer ball more times than I could count, but it was the first time Stephanie had willingly asked. 

I smiled, getting off the couch in the study. We were the only ones in the house aside from Damien and Alfred. Bruce, Dick, Tim, Cass, and Jason were all out doing their own thing, either patroling, dealing with a mission that I wasn't allowed to know about, or something to do with a half-toasted apartment due to a "totally toasty mishap".  Alfred had downloaded a personal app on my phone so I could watch the kids whenever I needed, and I got alerts when they were approaching dead zones or if something was wrong. It didn't help my anxiety, just lessened it.