11: The Marauder's map

The days after the match was normal. Nothing much happened.

I and Harry continued to have our mental conversations and boy were they fun.

'So what is the internet again?' Harry asked.

I was explaining the basic concepts of the muggle world to Harry.

'It is like a portal to send information to each other' I replied.

We talked for so long. It wasn't like we could do anything else in the infirmary.

Soon October rolled around.

Hogsmead. A place I am not going to get to visit. But wait. Now since Remus is here, can't his permission be enough?

Let's talk to Dumbledore about it.

Our first hogsmead visit is on Halloween. Great.

The days went on. Normally. And super boring.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

'Don't you ever feel sad Harry? Like you want to mourn your parents?'

'I did Ruby. A lot but then I realized. What's the use of mourning for your loved ones except for self-satisfaction. They would want me to live my life. Not mope around for them. Also, it makes it easier that I don't remember much of them. I sound like a really bad child. But this is what I feel'

This actually made me feel a twinge of sadness. Then I got a plan. Why not use this time to get the marauders' map and bond with Severus?

On The evening of the 30th, I went to Dumbledore's office.

That remained me, I didn't know the password.

But this way I could test out another theory.

Hocrux voldy was the heir of Slytherin. And it is rumored that Harry is the heir of Gryffindor. So, as an heir to Hogwarts herself, I can gain entry into any room.

To the gargoyle statue, we go. Yippee!!

"Mr. Statue, I want you to let me in," I say in a polite voice.

To a stranger, it might seem like I'm a crazy idiot talking to statues. But I know what I'm doing. Kinda. Sorta. (Awkward smile)

My theory worked. The statue moved.

I went up the stairs.

"Professor Dumbledore, I was hoping I could talk to you." I say in my professional voice.

"Harry, my boy I was wondering when you will come. Though how did you figure out the password?"
Dumbles asks in a grandfatherly voice.

"Professor I just guesses random sweets until it let me in" I said with a hint of mischief in my voice.

"What brings you here my boy?" He asks. And trying to probe into my mind! How dare he!?

I let him have a glance at my normal thoughts. I thought about hogsmead and how I imagine it to be in real life.

He stopped after 15 seconds.

"Sir, I was wondering if Remus's permission will be enough to let me into hogsmead. You see, my relatives forgot to sign the forms and I don't think they care about it."

"I'm sorry my boy, I'm afraid that cannot happen. And you will be safer in the castle. Sirius Black Is still roaming freely."

I fake disappointment and leave.

As I was about to reach the second floor, I saw that the twins were setting something up. They saw me too. I just give them a thumbs-up, grin at them, and leave.

The next day was normal until potions.

At the end of potions, I went up to Severus's desk and put up a privacy ward.

"Sir, are you free in the evening? It is a Wednesday and I'm not allowed to go to hogsmead. I was wondering if you would tutor me in advanced magic."

"OK. Mr. Potter. Or whoever you are" he mumbles the last part.

Mission for the day: get the marauders map and allow Severus to greive.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"you can always sneak out mate." Ron tries to convince me for the millionth time.

"There will be hell to pay if I get caught, Ron. I don't want to risk it. But get back a lot of honeyduke's chocolates, ok? Here." I hand him 10 galleons.

Yes. I'm going to spend that much on chocolate.  You know why? Cause chocolate is life.

"Sure Harry. You're right." Hermione says.

"OK guys, bye you'll be late" I rush them out.

"Take care, mate." " do something productive"

You can guess who said what.

After around 10 mins I leave the dormitory and, as expected, the twins found me and guess what happened??

I got the map!! Yay.

I remember last minute that I shouldn't be knowing the password and ask them for it.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." They reply in union.

"And how do you close it?" I ask with my best curious voice.

"Mischief managed" the say. Again, together.

"Thanks guys. I appreciate it. A lot."

I wonder how they will react when they get to know that the accused serial killer, their defence professor, the hero's dad and their pet rat created it.

Hmm. The to-do list just keeps increasing. 

After getting the map, I wrap the invisibility cloak over myself and head to the dungeons.

I knocked precisely 3 times.

The door, I'm sorry. Portrait, opened and he was standing right in front of me. He looked slightly drunk.

A/N : it's been I while I know. But I have my final exams to study  for. But after the 25th my updates will be regular again.

How do you think the story should continue?

Please share some funny scenarios that you would like to read about.