33: Father?

I flooed through. And severus greated me with a nod.

''What is it that was so urgent?'' He asked.

''Well, I was hoping you'd recognize this'' I handed him the note that my father had written.

His face became pale. Paler than usual.

''I know you saw this the day you came for the examination severus, I put the pieces together the same day I got the note. But I wasnt sure. But now I am. Hello father'' I speak slowly and softly.

He sighed. ''Im sorry.'' He said.

''That's all you have to say? I deserve a proper explanation.'' I say in an emotionless face.

''Fine. The Dark lord ordered 8 of his inner circle to go and enjoy ourselves. I was part of it. He gave clear instructions to destroy our playthings. By then, I was a spy for Dumbledore. I didnt want to, but I had to keep up the ruse. So, that happened. '' At this he turned slightly pink. Then he continued again

''I had created a curse that mimics the killing curse. But it is not instantly fatal. I would take around 3 years for the person to die. Or atleast that what I thought. That was the first time I performed the spell on someone.

I knew I had an offspring somewhere, but I didn't want to be a father. I didn't know how to be a father. I got in touch with the girl's family after the war ended and found out she lives with her parents. The kretura's. As they were know before. I knew that she wont make it. But I also made sure that you had your grandparents who would look after you.'' He sighed again.

''Okay. That past if over and I dont blame you. What would you like to do now?'' I asked.

''It is up to you Ruby.'' He said, vulnerability clearly heard in his voice.

''I would like it if you were part of my life.'' I tell him softly.

''But that doesn't mean I'll be calling you father, daddy etc. For a very long time'' I say in a playful tone.

He smiled!

''So, will you make it for the party at 3?'' I ask him.

''Sure.'' He says.

''Severus, I'm not telling my grandparents about this.'' I say. If they knew, I'd fear for Severus's safety.

''It is up to you, who you want to tell Ruby. But please, dont tell anyone at hogwarts. Merlin knows how fast the rumors will travel!'' He says in an exasperated tone.

''Haha, yes severus. I wouldnt dare.'' I reply.

''Its already 12 Severus l have to go back home.'' I tell him

''Hmm. See you in the afternoon.'' And with that I floo back home.

''What took you so long!'' My grammy asked.

''Oh, I was discussing the new year's potions with Severus.'' I tell her

''Okay honey, some lets have your favorite birthday meal'' she gushes me out of the hall and into the dining room which was filled with FOOD! MY FAVORITES! YAY!

Let the party begin!

Relatively short, but I dont want to clamp up things.
I will try to update as often as possible, how's this chapter? I don't think it is satisfactory. But I couldn't think of anything better(shrugs)