━━ three. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

━━━━━━━━━

▎ PUNISHER!chapter three, the tension

PUNISHER!
chapter three, the tension.

━━ SAVANNAH LOVED WINTER, it was always her favourite time of the year. She adored the snow, it was just something about it. Her and Ellie were assigned to go find Tommy and Joel, Dina and Jesse were going to the look out. Ellie was riding ahead of Savannah,

"Hey! Ellie, wait up!"

"You okay, Sav?" Ellie turned her head towards the girl behind her.

"I'm good! Just kinda lonely over here." Savannah sighed and Ellie shook her head at the girl, she made Shimmer slow down.

The girls were at the same pace now, Ellie looked at the girl taking a second glance.

"What, El?"

"I swear you and Cat were dating?"

"What! No!" Savannah got defensive, she sure as hell didn't want Ellie to know.

"Oh, okay."

The Baker was about to speak before she heard low grumbling and groaning from the building on her left.

"You hear that?" Savannah lowered her voice, Ellie nodded at the girl.

"I mean we are on patrol right?"

     Savannah got off of Luna (her horse) pulling her handgun out of her holster, holding it like fireflies training taught her. If you're nervous with your weapon the weapon will be nervous with you, her teacher told her over and over again. She learnt how to shoot a gun at six years old.

     Preparing her for the real world, her dad would tell her. Being born in an apocalypse sucks ass.

     The girl cautiously stepped toward the grocery story building. The smell of rotting flesh incarcerated them.

     "God, that's disgusting." Ellie stuffed her nose into her jacket and so did Savannah.

      "Poor moose." Savannah muffled into her coat, the moose had been gutted and eaten by the infected. A trail of blood lead the girl to the entrance of the store, a broken window.

     "Hey, be careful." Ellie pulled on Savannah hair to make her turn around.

      "I'm always careful." Savannah smiled, hopping into the window.