━━ twenty three. 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐭

━━━━━━━━━

▎ PUNISHER!chapter twenty three, burning them to dust

PUNISHER!
chapter twenty three,
burning them to dust.

━━THE DEAD FLOWERS WERE IN the vase at Joel's grave, after all this time nobody had came to collect the drooping stems and the decaying petals on the ground.

          Savannah held the fresh lilies tightly in her hand, the weather was warmer since summer was approaching, time was flying by. The brunette girl bent down, taking the dead flowers.

       Replacing them with the white lilies in her hand, the girl never had the time to grieve Joel because now she had to grieve her friend too. The Bakers eyes drifted to the freshly dug grave which just said Cat Casamera, just her name carved into the gravestone. The girl crouched down in between the graves, putting her hand on the fresh dirt.

          "I'm sorry." The girl whispered as she closed her eyes, blinking away the tears. Savannahs blamed herself, Cat bled out on the theatres stairs after facing Abby, she was shot multiple times.

        The girl swallowed as she stood up, wiping her hands on her jeans. The hand that had killed and hurt many, the bad luck had to come round soon or later. They all couldn't come home happy, of course, someone had to die and that person was Cat.

        Sweet, innocent Cat. Who didn't deserve that way, she deserved to die old with her family. Not trying to protect the Baker girl, who shunned her off every-time she could. Her blood was on her hands, but in Savannahs mind Cat wasn't dead at all:

        She was back home, laughing with her little sister, Avery, at some comic she stole from Savannah.

        The Baker was taken back when she heard little sniffles behind her, the girl turned around to see little Avery with tears in her eyes. The small girl was in a summer dress, perfect for this weather, the loose pigtails held her hair together barely.

          "Savannah?" The girl tilted her head as she wiped her eyes. The child was surprised to see Savannah out of Tommys house, she was told that Savannah was sick but she didn't look ill.

She looked dead. The dark circles around her eyes, the still purple bruises across her neck that were still raised on her skin.

"Hey, little one." The girls voice croaked, but tried a smile.

"You're supposed to be with Tommy. You're sick—" Savannah furrowed her eyebrows at the little girls words.