━━ five. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐡 𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫

━━━━━━━━━

▎ PUNISHER!chapter five, the ghost of savannah baker

PUNISHER!
chapter five, the ghost of savannah baker

━━ THE BEATEN-GIRL REFUSED TO eat, sleep, talk or look someone in the eyes. The lights in her house were out just like Joel's were.

Joel was dead. Fucking gone but Savannah felt nothing but anger, it lived inside of her for two days she's felt like this. Two days since she woke up. A week since the incident—

She wasn't breathing when Dina and Jesse found the wreck at the cabin. Her head was caved in, blood pooling beneath her, the burns across her skin were third-degree.

     She still felt dead, the pit of nothingness inside of her, her happiness was forgotten her hope gone with it. She hadn't spoken to anyone, Dina came to check on her but Savannah couldn't muster up the words to speak. She knows Dina is so worried about her so is Jesse and Cat.

     Tommy sits with her everyday, trying to get her to talk. Even with his own grief, he's extremely worried about her. Maria sobbed into her body when she saw her the state of her when she returned to Jackson lifeless.

She sat upright on her bed, how can everyone feeling sad? when i feel nothing but anger, but do i even feel angry? is my brain fooling me to turn my pain into anguish.

No lights were on in her room, it was complete darkness. She liked it though, nothing hurt her eyes.

She hadn't seen Ellie since the incident. Savannah knows she should check on her, Ellie's expression haunts her nightmares, her cries, her words. They play on repeat in her head, it's like someone's constantly pressing the repeat button.

Savannah puts her feet in the wooden floor beside her bed. One of the doctors warned her that she'll probably feel dizzy whenever she stands up. He was fucking right because her whole world spins everytime. The girl walks over to her window to see Joel's house and his garage all light up. Ellie.

She knows she should go. What if Ellie's mad at her for not doing anything, for being helpless.

      The girl grabbed a fresh pair of clothes and went into the bathroom to clean herself up.

Staring her at reflection in the bathroom mirror, she didn't recognise herself. She didn't know this person who was her reflection.

Her eyes were lifeless, her complexion pale. This wasn't Savannah. It was her ghost. She died in that basement, everything that made her Savannah was beaten out of her.