━━ one. 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

━━━━━━━━━

▎ PUNISHER!chapter one, dancing under the moonlight

PUNISHER!
chapter one, dancing under the moonlight.

━━THE MOON CALLED UPON THE STARS, as the night approached rapidly. The nipping wind fought the glass panes in the girls windows.

The stereo which was on full blast, vibrating the floor with its bass. The twinkling lights which laced the ceiling were brightly lit, the girl paced her room impatiently. The firefly pendant hung on a corner of her wardrobe, pictures stuck to her wall of her memories. Marvel comic books laced across her desk, her Walkman left open next to her backpack.

       This winter dance was no princess ball, but the girl wanted to look beautiful and her best friend could help her with her complexion. Just the burden of her being late so frequently was so unsettling and worrying for the Baker.

"Fuck sake, Dina." The nineteen year old mumbled as she looked at her alarm clock which resided on her bedside table.

Her bedroom door clicked open, the girl released the tension in her shoulder, her best friend wasn't that late. The girl turned around to see Maria Miller at her door, trying to hide her face of discomfort at the loud music. Savannah dropped her face in disappointment,

"Don't you think you could turn that god-awful music down?" Maria looked at the teenager whom looked like she was going to explode. The Baker stomped her foot with a groan, as she tensed her hands.

Walking over to the dresser, turning down the volume. "Have you seen D?" Savannah asked her mother-like figure, as Maria threw her hands up.

"Savannah, y'know that girl is always late. Give her a damn minute!" Maria slammed the door, "Me and Tommy are leaving! We'll see you there!"

Savannah dropped her head back, turning her music but up even louder. The cassette tape which she'd stole back when she was a firefly was the soundtrack that only Savannah would listen too willingly. The rock music was only bearable for the Baker, not to forget the Williams who'd once stolen the tape. Savannah would never let anyone touch the sacred music. When the Williams did eventually steal it — after weeks of trying to pickpocket the girl — at the ripe age of fourteen, she was quite literally blow away by the type of music on the tape.

Ellie couldn't lie when she placed the tape back into Savannahs walkman without a scratch. She'd wish she could tell Savannah that she enjoyed the experience of her ears nearly being deafened but the Baker would of had her head on a stake in seconds.