━━ four. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

━━━━━━━━━

▎ PUNISHER!chapter four, the sacrifice play

PUNISHER!
chapter four, the sacrifice play.

━━ THAT TERRIBLE, GUT WRECHING FEELING of dread didn't leave the brunette girl's system even an hour later. Savannah wasn't sure why they were still down in this basement, not one of them checked to see if the storm had gone.

They were both on the couch, Ellie was drawing in her journal. As the Baker girl sat their with her legs shaking in anxiety. Savannah felt her a hand on her back,

"Hey, Sav. Can you look at me?"

      The brunette girl looked at the other girl next to her. Savannah eyes were filled with anixety. Ellie could never read what Savannah was feeling she was never an open book but right now.

      She could read her like a children's books. Savannah was spiralling down a hole of dread. Ellie held the girls cheek, in that moment Savannah let herself relax into Ellie's hand.

      "You're okay, Sav. Go to sleep, I won't let anything bad happen to you." Ellie reassured the distraught girl in front of her. Savannah took a deep breath, she trusted Ellie with her life.

     For the five years, she's known her and Joel. They welcomed her, Joel always made sure that Savannah had eaten something that day then Ellie would show her either her drawings, her tattoo, a superhero trading card or a new comic book she found in the library. Always making sure she never felt alone.

      The Baker girl took her off her jacket and laid down and put her head in Ellie's lap. Ellie inhaled sharply as the girl did, she soon calmed her heart rate.

     Ellie played with the girls hair, tucking loose strands behind her ear as she fell asleep.

      But Savannah was wide awake, just closing her eyes as she felt Ellie touched hair and trailed her fingertips up and down her arm.

      She felt Ellie stop, when her breathing was steady it let the Baker girl know that the girl who was meant to be putting her in a slumber fell into one instead.

      Savannah pushed herself off of Ellie's lap, Ellie still had her hand on Savannah. She took her hand and laid her down properly against the couch. Savannah got up and grabbed another blunt, lighting it straight away.

     The worried girl hoped that it would make her dread disappear.