Paladin

you opened your eyes, being woken up by the door slamming open. you looked at the clock it was 11 pm. what the fuck is going on ?

you heard some loud steps coming in, and things getting broken. your heart started pounding your chest. and then screams. billy's voice, screaming in anger.

you got out of bed quickly and ran towards the living room. he was still screaming, tears streaming down his face and he was breaking and kicking in everything. you were genuinely scared of him right now, he looked like an animal. you couldn't say anything, you stood still.

billy turned his head to face you. his eyes. he was hurt, inside and outside. he had an open cut on his cheek. he stopped moving and just stood there, breathing heavily, fists clenched.
you were looking at each other, silently. you wanted to take him in your arms, tell him everything was going to be okay, but you weren't sure he would accept your affection. sometimes, when billy was angry, he could be rough with you.

« - billy... » you started softly « - what happened ? »
« - y/n go inside the room. i do not want to hurt you. » he said firmly.
« - listen, i... » you started a sentence that you never ended.

billy walked straight to you and pinned you against the wall aggressively. you closed your eyes and winced in pain, your back had taken all of the shock.
you couldn't open your eyes, you were afraid of him. you could feel his loud and heavy breath, and his stare on you.

« - WHEN I SAY SOMETHING YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND OBEY » he shouted at your face.

you started crying. what happened to him ? where is your billy ?

he let go of his grip on your shoulders nonchalantly and you headed right back to the room. you closed the door and plopped on the bed, sobbing harder than you ever did. he had never been this bad towards you. what have you done wrong ?

you were hearing him screaming, still punching in things in the living room. it reminded you of your dad and you tried to cover your ears the better you could, but nothing worked. you looked at your window, and thought about eddie.
what if he was still here ? he would've taken you in his arms and told you everything would be fine.
still looking at it, you got up and put on a big sweater and some snickers. you took a final look at the room and passed through it. you began to run away, still tears on your cheeks. but where would you go ?

after some minutes of running, you started walking, trying to breathe. you arrived in front of hawkin's high school. of course it was closed. but it seemed like a good spot to smoke and spend some time alone.

you rolled a joint and lit it up. you smoked looking at the sky, and asking yourself how you got here. everything was being a total mess, you didn't feel in control of your life anymore.
you heard some noise next to where you were sitting. you looked at the building behind you and saw light coming from the window right next to you. and some voices. who would stay this late in school ?

curiosity kicking in, you threw away your joint and got in, the door was open.
that's weird, you thought.
you walked through the empty hallways, trying to be quiet and arrived in front of the door. you sticked your ear next to the door to listen to what these people were saying.

« - we're missing lucas, he promised he would be there. »
« - mike, he's obviously not coming. all of that because of a stupid party. »
« - GUYS. » you recognized eddie's voice.
« - if our mate Sinclair isn't joining our campaign in the next three minutes, then he's out of hellfire. » he continued.

who was he talking to ? you really wanted to know what they were talking about. if this was about d&d, you really wanted to know what the campaign will be.

« - you say that but you were late three times this week, what was it about ? » asked one of the guys.
« - i'm your hell master, i'm the one who asks questions. »
« - he was certainly late because of his secret chick. » one of them said making laugh everyone.

even me. i just had the time to realize it that someone slammed the door open. a brown haired guy with a cap and strange teeth looked at me up and down.

« - eddie, someone was spying on us. » he said.

he opened the door a little bit more and you saw eddie sitting in a throne, at the end of the table. a d&d table, with everything similar like when you used to play with eddie.

he lifted his head up, and immediately stood up when he saw your face. he walked towards you and told the boys to wait for him.
he closed the door behind him, leaving you both in the empty hallway.

« - y/n ? we should really stop seeing each other in the middle of the night. » he said giggling, then he saw your expression and he frowned.
« - what happened ? »

you sighted and tried your best to smile at him. he was genuinely worried about you, you didn't want that.

« - nothing, i'm fine, i just needed some air. were y'all about to play d&d ? » you asked.
eddie smiled and replied proudly while opening the door again.
« - welcome to Hellfire, mates that is y/n. »

they all looked at you surprised and confused. you smiled and entered the room. eddie took your hand to lead you next to him. everyone watched your hands in each other before you removed it, feeling awkward.

« - since Sinclair is a traitor, we have a sub. » he said, pointing at you.
« - a girl ? » asked one of them with a checked shirt.
« - yes Garett, a girl. who's almost better than me. » eddie replied looking at you.
« - that's impossible. » said mike, nancy's little brother.

you smiled at eddie and proudly took a dice in hand. you loved d&d, even though you haven't played in a while. eddie taught you when you were kids and now was the moment to show your skills.

« - actually it is. let me introduce myself, my name is red-handed Rhenira, i'm a paladin. » you said.

the boys gasped and eddie smiled at you. it was time to play.
the game was being incredible, eddie's campaign was very hard to fight. you and the boys reunited on the other side of the room, debating on how to win.

« - we don't have a lot of life points left. Y/n you're our last chance. » dustin said.
« - don't worry guys, i'll kill this son of a bitch. » you said with a smirk. « - Vecna here i come. »

you walked towards the table and eddie grinned, sat in his throne. you couldn't help but find him hot as hell, right there. he bit his bottom lip before resting his arms on his knees.

« - don't try to be heroes, there is no shame in running. »
« - i never run away, munson. » you said while throwing the dice on the table.

everyone stared at it, silently. it landed on 20, and everyone screamed in happiness. you started jumping on your spot, clapping, happy as hell. the boys started lifting you up and down, screaming your name and eddie slumped in his seat, staring at you giggling.

this night almost made you forget billy's behavior, and you thanked them interiorly for it. eddie even gave you a t-shirt.

« - it's not an obligation, it's an invitation. you can join hellfire whenever you want. » eddie said while you were all getting out of high school.
you smiled and you felt your cheeks becoming red when he put his arm around your shoulders.
« - y/n ? aren't you like billy's girlfriend ? » mike titled.