Corroded Coffin

you arrived in front of your house, and took out your keys to open the door. you opened and got inside. you looked at the living room and felt like crying again. everything reminded you of him, literally every single detail.

you went to the kitchen to grab a glass and a bottle of wine. you opened it and poured yourself a glass, before turning on the radio. and, of course, Missing You by John Waite is playing.

you giggle at the irony, and sing along while drinking your red wine.

" - In your world I have no meaning
Though I'm trying hard to understand
And it's my heart that's breaking
Down this long distance line tonight "

you were stopped in your broken hearted girl session by the telephone ringing. you looked at it for a second before picking up the phone, a small part of you hoping it was billy.

"- hey y/n, what are you up to right now ?" said Eddie

"- nothing, I was just about to cry." you honestly said.

"- dress up and take your songs with you, you're singing with us at the pub." he announces

"- haha, no I'm not."

"- yes you are, we need a singer. I'll pick you up at eight."

he hung up before you could even say anything. you looked at the telephone, insulting him, and the world for that. you ran to take a shower and dressed up. you threw on some black tights and a black leather skirt, a black top and your perfecto. you put on some accessories and did your hair and makeup.

you looked invincible, and hot as fuck. you felt confident, even though your heart was still bleeding inside your chest. but you didn't have time to cry on your own.

you started to look at your songbook, to select some of the best you got for now.

you chose one that talked about your family, one about yourself and some you wrote without any contest but sounded good. you had still thirty minutes before Eddie was picking you up, enough to write something else.

you started writing some words that described what you felt like, what you were going through with billy. and you came up with two new songs.

at the very moment you put down your pencil, you heard someone honk outside. you grabbed your stuff and got out of your house. Eddie's van was parked and he rolled down the window to whistle at you.

"- look at you m'lady, looking like a whole new rockstar !" he cheered and you smiled before hopping in.

"- where are we playing ?" you asked fastening your seatbelt.

"- the Hideaway. we usually have a crowd of three ... drunks. but it'll be fun, we made some leaflets that we gave people in school today."

you shook your head and laughed. he started the car and Master of Puppets started playing very loud. he screamed in enthusiasm and handed you his join. you started smoking and laughing before you two arrived at the meeting point.

you said hi to every member of Corroded Coffin before you all entered the pub. there were a lot of people inside, and it reminded you of how you felt the first time you had to sing in front of an audience. you all started to repeat, learning your songs, and you hidden the last two you wrote earlier. they all loved what you wrote, but Eddie looked at you.

"- hey, it isn't going to be enough. shall we try to write something together ?" he asked, grabbing your head.

you started blushing and you approached your mouth to his ear.