Never

you nodded your head slightly and started playing with your fingers. 

yeah, you were.

eddie removed his arm from your shoulders and threw a death stare at mike.

« - isn't he right there ? » asked dustin and you looked right in front of you.

your heart stopped and you felt all of your body freeze. billy was standing against his Camaro, his eyes daggering eddie's. billy walked towards you all and stood there, blowing smoke in the air.

« - billy ? how did you.. »
« - i called all of your friends. that was the last place i intended to check. » he said before looking at the boys.

you looked at them all, giving them a sign to stay out of it.

« - what were you doing with these freaks y/n ? » billy asked on a tone that made you shiver.
« - we just... » you started but he cut you off by grabbing your wrist.
« - get in the car. » he said with his eyes all black.
« - billy, don't hold me like that. » you said.
« - i said get in the car, NOW. » he screamed at you.

he pulled you with him but Eddie stepped in front of you. you could feel the tension between the two of them, and you started praying for everything to calm down. every other member of hellfire just stood there, scared of your boyfriend, billy hargrove.

« - that's not how you treat a lady, hargrove. »
« - you want something freak ? wanna teach me how to do relationships ? » billy mocked him, getting closer.

you pushed eddie back a little bit. you knew billy could knock him out in a second. you breathed, once, and grabbed billy by his arm to pull him towards the car.

« - come on, billy let's leave. » you said softly
« - no, no. let go, y/n. your freak wants me to stay, don't you munson ? » billy smirked while making his fists crack.

eddie didn't look intimidated at all. you hated this moment, you just wanted everything to stop.

« - i just said you shouldn't talk to her that way. or grab her like that. you're just an abusive asshole. » eddie said calmly.

you felt billy's anger twitch and he punched eddie right in the face. the boys helped him to get back up while you screamed at billy to stop.

« - BILLY ! THAT'S IT ! » you screamed, exhausted.
« - WHY DO YOU KEEP DEFENDING HIM ? » he screamed at you, his eyes becoming teary. but he wouldn't let the tears down.

« - HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ! »
« - HE JUST CALLED ME ABUSIVE ! TELL HIM HE'S WRONG ! » he screamed, and you saw despair in his eyes.

billy has always been abused and beaten up by his dad. you knew how much he hated him, and how he always hoped he would never finish like him. but he ended keeping this education burried inside of him, without realizing it, he was even becoming violent towards you.

you stood still, not knowing what to say. not a single word could escape your lips.
billy laughed ironically, and a tear rolled down his cheek. he threw his cigarette and kicked a trash bin next to him.

« FINE ! YOU KNOW WHAT Y/N ? STAY WITH YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND MISTER FREAK AND SHOW HIM HOW GOOD OF A FUCKING SLUT YOU ARE I DON'T CARE ! » billy shouted even louder, pointing at you.

your heart started to bleed. he never talked to you like that before. and you felt ashamed.

« - CRY AGAIN, AND AGAIN. THAT'S ALL YOU DO. COME ON, GIVE HIM YOUR ASS ALREADY, LIKE THE WHORE I CALL MY GIRL ! ANY GUY WHO SAYS HE'S INTERESTED IN YOU BEYOND JUST FUCKING YOU IS FULL OF SHIT !» he continued.

tears were now streaming down your face and you saw him walk towards his car and drive away, full speed. you couldn't even cry, you just stood there, looking at the car growing smaller and smaller.
you heard eddie telling the boys to go home, and you heard them leave.

« - y/n don't listen to what he- » eddie started but you cut him off.
« - i don't understand. » you started.

you let yourself sit down on the floor, and eddie did the same next to you. you turned your head to look at him, he had a cut over his arcade. billy's signature.

« - i didn't do anything wrong ... »
« - you didn't. and even if you did, that's not the way he should deal with it. » eddie protested.
« - you know, he isn't always like this. » you smiled, in denial, thinking about earlier.
« - maybe, but do the good moments worth the worst ones ? » he asked.

you looked in front of you, searching for the answer deep in your memory. yes, it was worth it. wasn't it?

« - i love him. » you said
« - sometimes it isn't enough for something to work. »
« - i know. but it will. »

you two made your way into eddie's van, and he offered you to stay at his place tonight. you accepted and thanked him for that. you didn't feel like going home for now. the ride was silent, and you arrived pretty quickly.

eddie opened the door for you and you entered his trailer. you went to his room and he followed you. he searched for something in his closet.

« - here, take these. you can sleep in them. » he handed you some shorts and a metallica shirt.
« - thank you ed's... » you said simply, your voice cracked.

he turned around and you changed. he then removed his shirt, still his back facing you, and searched for something in a pile of clothes on a chair.
he turned around, still searching, and your eyes wandered around all of his tattoos. he looked up and caught you staring.

« - you like them ? » he asked.
« - yeah... i would really like to get one. » you said.
« - don't believe the ones who say it hurts, it really doesn't. »

you giggled and he threw on another shirt and removed his jeans. he sighted and you sat on the bed.

« - i'll sleep in the couch so you can have my room, i wouldn't want wayne to wake you up when he'll get back from work. » eddie said before walking towards the door.
« - wait ! » you said lifting your hand up. he looked at you, confused.
« - you know, we can sleep together, it's okay. » you said softly.

eddie looked at you for a second and closed the door. he turned off the lights and crawled in the bed next to you. you both lay down in the bed, on your sides, looking at each other.
you looked at every single detail on him. his hair, his eyes, his lips, his neck ...
you approached your fingers towards a strand of his hair and started playing with it.

« - i like your hair. » you said
« - glad you do. » he whispered.
« - i'm sorry for ... what happened back then. » you frowned.
« - don't be, he's the asshole. » he replied.

you turned your back to him, and closed your eyes.

« - goodnight eddie, thank you for everything. » you said in a sleepy voice.
« - goodnight sweetheart. » he said resting his arm on your waist, hovering you.

you felt protected, and safe. you fell asleep very fast and let your dreams remind you of the billy you fell for.