Prom

you were getting out of the shower and wrapping one towel around your body and one around your hair.
you walked back towards your room where nancy and robin were sitting on your bed, talking.

robin was putting on her button up while nancy was putting some mascara on her lashes. they were chatting about something.

« - so ? what are we talking about ? » you asked while opening your closet.
« - eddie comes to pick you up, doesn't he ? » asked nancy still fighting with her lashes.
« - as the prefect husband he is. » robin mocked you by imitating your voice and you all laughed.
« - yes, in half an hour. you're going with jonathan or steve ? » you asked nancy.

you looked at her and she smiled before looking at robin than at you. she put down her mascara and stood up dramatically.

« - jonathan ! » she said and you all cheered in excitement.
« - gosh finally. » robin sighed.

you giggled and got out the bag with the prom dress you bought. you grabbed some underwear and went to the bathroom to get dressed. once you put it on, you looked at yourself. it was pretty, and you were pretty too.

you walked out and both of the girls looked at you. they smiled and nancy gave you a thumb up.

« - you look gorgeous. » she said and robin agreed.

robin didn't want to wear a dress, she threw on some dark blue suit with a white button up and a bow tie. she looked so good in it. nancy had a very pretty pink dress with lace and a lot of details. must have cost so much, but it was worth it.

you did your makeup and your hair, soon enough you heard someone knock on the door. you were about to open when robin smacked your arm.

« - aoutch ! why ? » you whined.
« - stop acting stupid and run towards your room ! you have to do a whole dramatical entrance ! » robin said
« - yes that is like the whooole point of prom ! » nancy said in disbelief, moving her arms around.

you rolled your eyes and went back to your room, closing the door.
you sticked your ear on the door to listen.

you heard robin open the door.

« - wow eddie munson, you look ... fancy. » she said and he laughed.
« - yeah you really do. » said nancy.
« - thank you ladies. where is my pretty date ? is she ready ? » he asked and you finally opened the door.

you walked towards them and you saw his eyes widen. he thought about how magnificent you looked and about how he landed someone as amazing as you.
you smiled and blushed, before walking towards him.

he was wearing a black suit, with a white button up a little bit opened so you could see his necklace and the beginning of his tattoos. he of course was wearing his rings and he was holding something else in his hands. it was a wrist corsage, with white flowers.

« - you're ... beautiful. » he said and you smiled.
« - you don't look too bad yourself. » you replied and he chuckled before holding his hand out for you. you took it and got out of the house, just like nancy and robin who hopped in nancy's car.

« - see you both there loosers ! » robin screamed and they drove off as you both hopped in the van.

when you arrived in front of high school, you could see that many people were already there, and music was blasting inside. you both walked in, hand in hand, and jonathan walked over to you both.

« - hey ! you look so good ! » you complimented him, you never saw him in a suit before, and he smiled.
« - well you both look amazing. can i get a smile ? » he asked holding out his camera and took a photo of you both.
« - welcome to 1986 prom ! » he said as you saw everyone dance and talk in their pretty outfits.

Eddie smile and whispered in your ear. 

"- When I told the guys this year was my year, I didn't even think I would go to prom with y/n y/l/n, how lucky am I ?" he said and you giggled.

you went to greet steve, and your other friends while eddie went to see hellfire while yelling "86 BABY !". Stupid, but cute. So cute.

« - wow y/n. » steve said and you hugged him.
« - king steve knows how to not disappoint with his outfits ! » you said and he turned around, to show off. you giggled and he pointed at nancy and jonathan.
« - so she chose him, huh ? » he sighed.
« - yeah, how are you holding on ? »
« - very good technique actually, ... i'm not. » he said and you smiled.
« - well i am okay to dance with you so you won't stand there and look stupid all night. » you offered and he smiled.
« - yeah, could do. I mean, you're not Nance but at least you're pretty and funny.»

you both started dancing together and laughing. this night was being the best ever. you danced with all of your friends, took pictures and even drunk a bit, thanks to Steve for this.

Go On For Ever by Richard Sanderson started playing and you saw everyone staring to dance with their partners. Robin was dancing with Viki, Nancy with Jonathan and finally Steve invited Tina and winked at you.
Eddie came up to you and offered you his hand. you smiled and tilted your head to the side.

« - i thought you were not a dancer. » you said
« - i'm not. but, i can make an exception for you, sweetheart. » he replied while pulling you in.

he grabbed your waist with one hand, and your hand with his other one while you rested yours on his shoulder.
you were both dancing in rythm, forehead against forehead. this moment was a pretty memory, full of love and dopamine.

but what you didn't see right away, is that someone entered the gymnasium at this very moment, and was now looking at you from far away dancing with eddie.

after the end of the song was coming, he slowly disappeared out of it.

Murky Turkey by Richard Sanderson was now playing, and everyone started jumping around and dance rock and roll with their partners. you looked at Eddie, he smiled and shrugged before making you turn quickly. you both started to laugh, dancing like there was no tomorrow. the sounds of your heels smacking the dance floor, Eddie's hair whipping gently your face from time to time and the feeling of his hands leading you was the best in the world. 

after some very long minutes of dancing, you went over to the punch and took a glass of it. you downed it fast, dehydrated, and Steve came towards you to pour you both another glass. you were about to take it to your lips when he stopped you.

"- hey, wait for it." he said before pouring some vodka from his flask in your drink, discreetly. he did the same with his glass and you winked at him before cheering. 

"- holy king Steve ! I almost forgot about it." you giggled and he gave you a high five. 

"- can I have this dance, miss y/l/n ?" he asked bowing and offering you his hand.

"- of course !" you nodded and he pulled you towards the dance floor, and you both emptied your drinks.