8. Section -12

Steve gently laid Natasha down on her bed and covered her carefully with the blanket. Then he walked out of the room as Alexi was waiting for him. He closed the door and looked at him," Uh..Mr Shostakov...I'm really...". 

He interrupted him shaking his head with a smile," Don't apologies, Mr Rogers. I was just worried that you didn't pick your phone up and stayed out all night with Natasha with you, which is not a good idea. Now that I saw her, I'm relieved. She had fun it seems. Did she talk anything when she was drunk?"

Steve felt like he's a real dumb. He was the one who fell asleep by drinking so much. He's the bodyguard for God's sake! He shook his head silently. " No." Alexi's face saddened and he walked downstairs.

He checked his pocket and found that he has left the keys inside so he pushed the door open to walk inside, halfway through, a driver of Melina's association walked up to him," Mrs Shostakov asked me to bring you to the Section - twelve."

Steve narrowed his eyes in confusion," Section - twelve? What's that?"

The driver realised that probably he didn't know. " It's in the association tower."

Steve nodded," Okay. I'll get my keys." And walked into Natasha's room.

Natasha heard the conversation between Steve and the driver. As soon as she heard the word ' section - twelve ', her heartbeat raced in worry. That is something only she knows. And she didn't know why she became worried about Steve. She doesn't want him to go there. That's the place where her mother ties others with her spell and captivates them.

Because, section - twelve is the place where only Melina can access. And she only let those people go there on whom she trusts the most. And Natasha doesn't want Steve to be her trustworthy. She wished she could tell him everything, but she couldn't. She doesn't want Steve to go down in that way. But how would she supposed to stop him?

Steve walked in and saw the keys are falling above the sheets he has covered over Natasha. He walked closer to her bed and bent down to pick it up, but Natasha intentionally pulled the sheet up so that the keys are out of reach for Steve's fingers. Steve looked up and saw Natasha was looking at him, with many unfamiliar emotions in her eye. As if they are trying to say something.

But he needs to go right now. He decided to talk to her later and picked the keys up from the sheets. " I'm...sorry. " He mumbled it and walked out in a rush.

She kept looking at the spot where he just disappeared behind the closed door. She thought he's different. From the beginning he could read her eyes, then what happened now? He couldn't understand that she was trying to say not to go ?

Why did she call him to that place? Why him?

She kept asking these questions to herself, which has no answer.

Steve arrived at the association tower and went into the elevator and pressed 12.

" Access denied."

He heard the voice of an AI.

" Eye scan needed for biometric access."

Steve kept his eye close to the scanner and jumped on his feet when a loud beep rang in the elevator.

" Welcome, Captain Rogers."

And it moved upwards. It stopped at 12 and he stepped out.

A glass-covered room. Showered with only white lights. He saw Melina behind another glass partition room. It must be soundproofed, because he couldn't hear anything she's taking with a man.

Melina noticed him and looked at the man she was talking with and probably told him to leave, he guessed.

The door slid opened and he stepped inside. Melina told him to have a seat across her. Steve had a look around the glass chamber. " What is this room?"