11. Ups and Down

Next morning Steve met Alexi at the garden where he was having coffee. He looked at him," Oh. Mr Rogers. Please have a seat. " Steve sat across him. " So where did you take Natasha yesterday?"

" My sister's birthday was yesterday, so....I couldn't message you. Sorry for that."

Alexi shook his head with a laugh," It's okay. I don't have any problem as long as she's having fun. You already know I consider you as my friend, on that note, I won't object if you'll be a good friend of my daughter either. " Steve raised his eyebrow at him. He chuckled a little," Don't tell me you didn't understand. You're a good man, Mr Rogers. Above all, I trust you. "

Steve nodded with a smile," I didn't expect that much though, honestly."

Alexi sat his cup down on the table," You should go to her room and see if she needs anything or maybe wants to go somewhere. If so, then just go for it." Steve nodded and walked inside.

He went to upstairs to her room and tried push the door open, but it's locked. He got confused. Because in this nearly one month, she had never locked her door. She always kept it opened. He tried again, but failed. Then he knocked on it slowly. " Natasha?" No response, as expected. " Natasha? Are you there?"

He tried a few times more but returned downstairs as he failed to see her today. He wondered if she's sleeping. He saw the maid, at the hallway," Mrs Miller? Is Natasha okay?"

She got confused too," I think she's fine. I took breakfast for her an hour ago. "

" Oh. Her door is locked so..."

She was also surprised," Locked?! That's unusual. "

He shook his head with a smile," She's probably sleeping. Okay. I need to go. Have a good day. " She smiled in return and he walked out. Still having the lingering thought about Natasha.

While Natasha heard him. But didn't respond. She shouldn't fall for his lies anymore. She's so stupid to trust a random man who just joined to work under her father. It's her fault at the first place. She pushed everyone away but let him get close to her. A man who has alternate motives behind his kind and gentle features.

But she couldn't understand why her gut is hurting while thinking of him as a terrible person?

Because she has witnessed something. That night when he got drunk and spilled his secrets of his life. That couldn't be a lie. She's sure of it. Hurt was evident in his voice when he was talking about those tragic moments.

She can't decide if she should go with the logic or her heart. Her heart was screaming at her that he couldn't be that bad person. He hates himself for hurting others then how could he play with her emotions?

Then again, he has lost his parents. And revenge can overpower everything. It can make you do wonders. So it couldn't be hard for him to choose to take revenge of his parents' murder.

Frustrated of her own thoughts, she closed her eyes to get some sleep as she was awake the whole night.

Steve was in a bad mood that whole day. Melina understood as soon as she saw him grunting in frustration after not finding something from FRIDAY. And she knew about it's reason very well. He couldn't see Natasha today. She wants to say that again, love is the kind of luxury you can't afford. Not everyone at least.

And this situation went on for next week. Steve was getting worried because for others Natasha was normal as usual, but for him, it felt like a break-up. And she's deliberately avoiding him. And these thoughts brought him next to her door automatically. He knocked on it. " Natasha. Please open the door. "