34. Is it the End?

Natasha is looking everywhere for Steve, but can't find him. She's holding that lucky bouquet close to her heart. She's thinking about to propose him for marriage today. She knew how upset he was when she had said to him that she forgot about him asking for marriage after he came back from Paris. So she decided to make up for that.

But to her disappointment, he's no where to be seen. She asked Tony that if he knows where did Steve go after whispering something to him at the middle of his sister's wedding. But apparently Steve has told him that he would be back in a minute. And it's been sooo many minutes since then.

It's time for reception and every couple are getting ready to have a dance along with the newly married couple. But here they are, calling Steve and asking each other if anyone have seen him somewhere.

Haward glared at his son who's avoiding his father's eyes. " How can you let him go when Wanda was about to start her vows? Their wedding wasn't even completed. "

Tony rolled his eyes," Come on, dad. He's not a four year old boy. He said he'd be back in some time and I didn't object it. He looked like he was on the verge of crying. " His father shook his head.

Tony pulled out his phone," Jarvis, check all the CCTV cameras and tell me where is Steve Rogers. Hurry. " But the AI didn't respond in his phone as it was always replies with ' Yes Mr Stark'.

He brought his phone close to his mouth," Jarvis? " He got confused and checked further to find a silent notification from his security system.

" System has been overridden. "

His eyes widened," What the!... You kidding?! Overridden? "

Bucky and Haward looked at him for answer but he ran out of the hall. Bucky looked at the concern looks of Wanda, Natasha, Haward and dad. He nodded at them," I'll see what's the matter. " And he followed Tony quickly.

And for some strange reason, Natasha's heart raced in worry. If she heard Tony correctly, he said - something's overridden. And she started to get panicked.

Meanwhile, Fury took a seat across Steve's. He placed his special gun on the table then looked at Steve," You've done so many things which you shouldn't have, Rogers. Especially, you shouldn't have hidden the truth about that drive. I asked you if you guys had found something exclusive in that mission but you and your wingman Wilson acted clueless. "

Steve nodded," Why do you need that though?"

Fury shrugged off," I need total control of the world. Because everything in it is just messed up. And I wanna clear it. "

" By killing people?" Steve fired instantly.

Fury nodded," Of course. If by killing some thousands I can protect billions, then I'll gladly take that deal. "

" Who gave you that right?"

Fury shrugged off again as if it's something normal he's talking about. " No one. I just wanna take that right in my hands. Anyhow. " Then he picked his gun and pointed towards Steve. " Now, enough of this chit chat like friends. Things has always been awkward between us anyway. Where is that drive, Captain? Respectfully."

Steve rolled his eyes with a scoff," Holding a gun to my head is respect? Come on. And I really don't..." He stopped with a sigh. " What's the use of it now. Okay. I'll never tell you about the location of that drive. "

" You're putting these people in risk. " He said referring to the screen.

Steve chuckled mockingly," Oh please. You're making me laugh instead of scaring me. As I said before, I never respected you but, you're still like a mentor to me. I've learnt it from you, being straightforward and betraying at the same time. Like a mafia. "