37

"Hey, Mom. You're on speaker. Me and Quinn wanna tell you and Burt something." Finn began when Carole answered the phone.

"Okay, you're on speaker, too." Carole replied.

"Hey, Burt." Finn said. "We're calling Kurt right after this, okay?"

"Okay." Burt repeated. "What's up?"

"A few days ago, Quinn agreed to marry me." Finn announced. "So her mom's gonna help us plan the church part, and we're gonna ask Beth to be our flower girl and Kurt to help plan the reception. And we were hoping you could help keep the reception..."

"Less Kurt and more Finn?" Burt finished.

"Exactly." Finn said. "Plus, I'm gonna ask Kurt to be my Best Man, so I don't want him having to do everything on his own."

"We would love to." Carole answered. "I'm so happy for both of you. Congratulations!"

"Thanks, Mom." Finn responded.

"We're very happy for you." Burt added. "Congrats, Finn, Quinn, and Beth."

"Thank you both so much." Quinn smiled. "We're all really excited."

"So are we." Carole insisted.

"Go call your brother." Burt added. "Bye."

"Bye." Finn repeated. He hung up the phone and paused as he looked at Quinn. "I'm gonna tell Kurt to come over."

"Okay." Quinn nodded. "This is going better than I expected."

"Yeah, well, we'll see what Kurt says."