24

Quinn and Beth joined Finn in the living room and greeted their friends. The first to arrive were Santana and Brittany with Mercedes and Sam.

"What are you drinking, Mama?" Mercedes asked Quinn after she greeted her.

"I don't know yet." Quinn responded. "But help yourself to whatever you want."

"Guess what!" Beth exclaimed.

"What?!" Mercedes asked as she and Beth walked to the snack table hand-in-hand.

Quinn spotted Finn at the door with Mike, Tina, Artie, and Kitty. She walked over and greeted her friends with hugs.

"Thank you guys for coming." Quinn said.

"Thanks for having us." Mike responded.

"Quinn, that dress is beautiful." Tina noted.

"Thank you." Quinn smiled. "Come in. I can put your coats inside."

"Thanks."

Quinn put the coats in Finn's room before returning to the living room where she found Finn talking to Rachel and Jesse. She furrowed her eyebrow as she walked over to them.

"Hey." Quinn said. "I didn't realize you were coming."

"I came to apologize." Rachel noted. "I tend to talk too much when I'm drunk, and I shouldn't have said anything about Beth or her father at dinner."

"You tend to talk too much all the time." Quinn corrected Rachel.

Rachel frowned.

"In the spirit of the holidays, I'm gonna choose to forgive you." Quinn decided. "But you're on probation tonight. Finn can take your coats."

Quinn walked away and joined the girls on the couch. She sat down and looked at Beth, who was on Mercedes' lap.

"Mommy, can I go play with Sam?" Beth requested when she saw the boys gathered around the beer pong table.

"That's up to Sam." Quinn replied. "You can go ask him."

"Okay!" Beth grinned as she got up and ran off.

"So, Quinn, now that there are no kids here, let's talk about you and Finn." Mercedes said with a smile.

Quinn could feel her cheeks turning red from everyone's eyes burning into her skin. "What do you wanna know?"

"Everything." Mercedes decided.

"Things are going really well, actually." Quinn announced, her eyes glancing at the door where she saw Kurt and Blaine entering. "Excuse me for a second."

Quinn got up and walked to the door to greet the boys.

"Hi, Quinn." Blaine hugged the blonde.

"Hi, Blaine." Quinn smiled as they parted. She hugged Kurt. "Hey, Kurt."

"Hey." Kurt repeated, looking Quinn up and down when they parted. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you." Quinn replied. "And thanks for coming."

"We're sorry we're late, but we brought champagne for the midnight toast." Blaine added apologetically.

"You didn't have to do that, thank you." Quinn said, taking the bottles and the boys' coats. "I'm gonna put everything away. Make yourselves comfortable."

"Where's Finn?" Kurt wondered.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow as she scanned the apartment. "Maybe in our bedroom? I'll be right back."

Quinn excused herself and put the bottles away in the kitchen before walking into Finn's room to put the coats away. She paused when she saw Finn and Rachel.

"H-Hey." Finn stuttered as he stood up. "Let me take those."

"Kurt was looking for you." Quinn told Finn. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, we were just talking." Finn said.

Quinn raised her eyebrow and nodded slowly.

"I'm gonna go say hi to Kurt." Rachel decided as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

Finn took the coats from Quinn and put them on his bed.

"What did Rachel want?" Quinn asked.

"We were talking about you." Finn informed Quinn. "I told her I only wanna be with you."

"I only wanna be with you, too." Quinn said.

"I'm in love with you." Finn added. "And I know I have a lot of history with Rachel, but-"

"I trust you." Quinn interrupted. "You can be friends with her."

Finn looked at Quinn.

"If you want." Quinn added. "Now come on, let's go back to our party."

"Let's go get drinks." Finn said as he took Quinn's hand.

"I think the boys are starting a beer pong tournament." Quinn told Finn.

"Wanna be my partner?"

"Always."