20

"Merry Christmas." Quinn smiled as Finn let her and Beth into Kurt's apartment. "Sorry we're late. We didn't wanna come empty-handed."

"Merry Christmas." Kurt said, taking the dessert boxes from Quinn. "Thanks for coming."

"We're really glad you could join us." Blaine added. "I hope Santa was good to you, Beth."

"Santa was very good to me." Beth nodded. "'Cause I was a very good girl this year."

"Yes you were." Quinn agreed as she took off her coat and helped Beth with hers.

"I'll put those away." Finn decided, taking the coats from Quinn.

"Thanks." Quinn nodded as she joined Carole, Burt, and Beth on the couches. "It's good to see you both. How was the ride in?"

"Crowded." Burt replied. "But it's good to see you kids, too."

"I'm so glad you and Beth could join us." Carole added. "It's good to see you and Finn together again. He's been going on and on all day about how happy he is."

"He makes me so happy, too." Quinn smiled as she glanced at Beth. "B, did you say hi to Finn and Kurt's parents?"

Beth nodded slowly as she got up and ran off, chasing after Finn, Kurt, and Blaine.

"We're working on her manners." Quinn stated. "Sorry."

"She's a kid." Burt said, shaking his head. "And a good one."

"Thank you." Quinn smiled.

"She looks just like you, Quinn." Carole noted. "She's so beautiful."

"Thank you." Quinn repeated. "There are glimpses of her father in there, but it's nice that I'm not constantly bombarded with his face."

"Do you ever hear from him?" Carole asked.

"Mom." Finn scolded, having just entered the room.

"It's okay." Quinn insisted as Finn sat down beside her. "But no, I don't hear from him. When I got full custody of her, I asked him to leave us alone, and it's been easier that way. She hasn't asked about him yet, which has been good."

"Good." Carole echoed.

Quinn smiled as Beth entered the room and climbed into her arms. "Hey, you. What are you up to?"

"I wanna be with you, Mommy." Beth decided as she wrapped her arms around Quinn.

"Awww."

"I'm right here, B." Quinn whispered softly as she held Beth and kissed her hair. "I'm always here for you."

"Okay." Kurt said, entering the living room. "If we can all make our way to the dining room for dessert, Blaine and I are ready."

"Sweet." Finn nodded as he and Burt got up and led the way.

Quinn carried Beth to the dining room and sat down with her on her lap.

"If you're tired, you can go lay down on the couch, Beth."

"Too tired for dessert, tiny?" Finn asked, gently tickling Beth's sides.

"What do we have?" Beth wondered.