52

"Morning." Quinn said softly. "I'm gonna go pick up breakfast and make my phone call."

"What time is it?" Finn muttered.

"It's early." Quinn answered. "Beth's still asleep."

"Did you sleep?" Finn asked.

"I'll be back soon." Quinn promised, kissing Finn's cheek before exiting the bedroom. She closed the door behind her and grabbed her purse before leaving the apartment.

Quinn picked up bagels and fruit for breakfast and started heading home.

Nervously, she dialed the phone number given to her from her lawyer and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi." Quinn said nervously. "It's Quinn."

"Quinn, hey. I'm glad you called."

"Well, it sounded like I didn't really have a choice." Quinn muttered.

"Still."

"I don't have a lot of time to talk, and I don't wanna drag this out." Quinn added. "So tell me what it's gonna take for you to do this for me."

"An explanation."

"Of what?" Quinn asked.

"Why you're doing this."

Quinn clenched her jaw and was grateful Beth's father couldn't see her.

"I heard you and Finn got married. Is that why?"

"Why won't you just sign whatever the lawyers are asking you to sign?" Quinn demanded. "Because if you think a piece of paper with your name on it means you're her dad-"

"I'll sign it." He decided. "Whatever you want me to sign, I'll sign."

"Okay." Quinn muttered, surprised by the response. "So what's the point of this phone call?"

"Because if I sign that, I need you to make sure she never tries to find me."

"Believe me, she has no interest in finding you." Quinn said, rolling her eyes at the delusion.

"So once you get those back, that's done." He added. "We get what we've always wanted: you get Finn to be her dad, and I get to stay gone."

"Just sign those papers." Quinn commanded as she hung up the phone. She took a deep breath as she continued home, letting herself into the apartment.

Quinn instantly felt better when she saw Finn and Beth waiting for her.

"Morning, Mama."

"Hi, B." Quinn smiled. "Hi, Finn."

"Hi." Finn smiled back as he kissed Quinn lightly and took the bags.

"Thanks." Quinn said.

Finn walked away with the bags, and Quinn looked at Beth.

"Wanna play pirates, B?"