Chapter 2

Espresso's Pov

The female appeared to be in her early 20s. She has long light blonde hair and one side of her bangs swooped to the side like Madeleine's, and the other side was clipped behind her ear with some sort of blue and gold gemstone. She had bubblegum pink eyes and she eyed me up and down, her long sandy eyelashes fluttering. 

She was judging me, how great.

She picked up her branded white purse while side-eyeing me, and so I did the same. She was dressed wealthily and was covered in jewelry and bling bling from head to toe.  She wore a translucent dress with loose sleeves and an exposed collarbone. She wore an off-white tight skirt underneath the translucent material and had a white bra-crop top on with two white straps connected. She was shorter than me, but with her white heels with a satin bow at the heel, she stood just around my height.

She had a silver necklace with bits of blue gems embedded between the chain and a sapphire or aquamarine gemstone shaped like a heart. She had a watch with a silver buckle but the face of the watch was a velvet blue. Her sapphire earrings had a topaz stump, a silver chain, and sapphires in the shape of a tear. 

"Miss Saphire! Are you alright?" A cookie dressed as a cookie dressed in a butler's uniform exclaimed, scurrying up to us.

"My apologies, I should have watched where I was going," I apologized again out of politeness, "Is there anything I could do to make up for my mistake?"

"It's fine, absolutely fine," She said sweetly, her facial features and voice dissolving into sugar, "But I have a suggestion... why don't we get to know each other over dinner?"

Dinner? I thought, taken back, Perhaps this lady hit her head when we crashed? She lives in a whole new class... a whole new continent from me.

From the corner of my eye, I thought I saw a camera flash and I narrowed my eyes at a few cookies holding up their phones and recording us. This female in front of me was no normal citizen, and I should not get myself looped in with her life. I should stay far... far... away.

I absolutely cannot slip up and lose my temper and talk down at her. Even worse, use my magic on her. 

"What's your name~?" She asked, batting her eyelashes as she took a step towards me.

I opened my mouth to reply when she sharply turned to the gathering crowd and said snottily, "I would expect to have a date in peace. Now, why don't you go away and gossip on what you've seen so far? You wouldn't want me to wreck your little lives if you did something stupid now, would you? Go on now."

She said it with such demand and attitude like a princess and so casually as well I couldn't help but cringe. The surrounding cookies all scattered without protest, their heads down and mumbling amongst themselves quietly. 

Self-absorbed life wrecker. I thought, disgusted. I hated elites since I was younger, and she just proves all my points.

I pause in my thoughts:

Why did I hate all elites when I was younger again...?

She turned to me with a glittering smile which opposed her mood a couple of seconds ago.

"My name is Saphire Sugar Madeleine, but in short it's just Saphire," She introduced, "But you can call me Sugar ~."

I ignored her last sentence and gave a short bow as I was forced into that habit by none other than Dark Enchantress, "My name is Espresso, a pleasure to meet you."