Chapter 25

𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗: 3 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜

No'ones Pov

"There's a twig in your hair, and a few more leaves still," Blackberry said, pointing to Espresso's messy hair. 

Espresso grumpily said some swears under his breath and violently tugged the stick free from his tangled hair. A few strands of his hair came out too and he winced slightly.

"Did you sleep on the forest floor last night or something?" Latte teased, helping untangle the end of Madeleine's messy ends.

"Precisely, yes," Espresso answered, not jokingly as he shook off the leaves.

"Oop-"

"Sounds romantic," Pomegranate said sarcastically.

"It is pretty romantic!" Cream Puff exclaimed, a new fantasy popping into her head.

"Ohh-kay!" Truffle-Claire happily said, strolling into the room pushing a cart with a white cloth on top of it which concealed the contents.

Behind her, trailed Brook and the Juicebar regulars plus Alchemist.

"Hello! We decided to come see everyone try on their fancy outfits!" Cocoa waved cheerfully.

"But they'll be returning to practice and preparations afterwards," Brook added.

When Brook and Truffle-Claire focused their attention on Espresso, practically everyone rolled their eyes. 

"Anyways, ta-da!" Truffle-Claire sang proudly.

She whipped off the cloth with a grand gesture revealing the dazzling outfits underneath it. The Vanillian citizens fell in awe and love, except for Espresso who'd never bother much with Bougee, or Alchemist who didn't care along with her brother who was al-

Wait, where's Vampire?

"Try them on now," Brook said rushidly, reaching to grab one of the dresses but Truffle-Claire swatter her hand off.

"Careful with them," She scolded and delicately handed the dress to Latte, "Okay Miss Latte, please head to that room."

~ Time skip ~

Espresso stepped out of the changing room feeling awkward. The clothing he was given was likely to be worth a lot of money, and he was just... just.. being handed it.

I̶̘̚f̴͖̋ ̵̪͛y̴̭͌o̵͉͒u̸͖͝ ̷̙͂_St,̶̺͌y ̵̘̽ed y̸̍ȏ̴̮ǔ̵̳'̷̙̊d̸̩̚ ̴̛̮h̵̲̅á̵̹v̶̧̓ȩ̸͌ ̸̗̅g̴̰̍o̸̪͌t̸t̸̻̓e̶̙̅n̵̺͑ ̷̠͗ṃ̸͊a̷̳̋n̵̨̈y̸̥͆ ̴̹̋ex̸̦̀p̸̫̊è̷͙n̶s̴͌ï̷v̷e̶̥͐ ̶͔̈t̵̥̿h̸̡̽ḭ̴̏n̷͗g̷̰͝s̷̢̒.̸̖̄ ̸͍̏  Espresso's mind whispered.

Espresso didn't think he looked good often, not a 10/10 anyway, but he did think this outfit looked pleasing on him. 

Espresso wore a close-to-black, red collared shirt and an ink-black tie. A dark brown colored argyle patterned vest tucked the tie in neatly. He had high-waisted black trousers and tall shoes with white ankle socks that were comfortable despite being made with thin material. 

To top it off, he had a midnight black jacket draped on his shoulders with gold laces at the bottom and edges. There were brownish spiralling rose designs on the drapes of the jacket and a bit on the vest when looked closely at. Meanwhile, the brown fabric on the underside was decorated with cherry gold and black roses.