Chapter 40

~ Note ~

I will no longer be bolding the majority of the texts because it messed up my Google Docs when I transferred the chapters. Plus, there are a few large texts in this chapter, and there may be large texts in the future too.

No'ones Pov (In the forest)

"Good cause? Good cause?!" Caramel Arrow yelled incredulously, "What kind of cause would ever require you to- you to-"

"It was because I love you!" Affogato screams, grabbing his hair.

"What?" Caramel Arrow and Dark Choco echoed, and even Almond seemed confused.

"I fucking love you," Affogato said exasperated, his hands now clutching his heart, "I did everything for you. And I still would do anything."

"You aren't making any sense," Dark Choco said, angrily clutching his sword, "What does your bullshit have to do with you loving my fiance? Or bullying her? Or partnering with the Cookies of Darkness?"

"At least I don't come up with an excuse as ridiculous as that to defend myself joining the Cookies of Darkness," he spat, stepping closer to Caramel Arrow protectively as he glared at Affogato.

Affogato narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms, scoffing. He rolled his eyes and held up his middle finger.

"You-!" Dark Choco growled, lunging forward only to be blocked by Caramel Arrow and pulled back by the waist by Almond.

Dark Choco clenched his fists tightly, glaring at Affogato.

"You did... assault me," Caramel Arrow said, her voice cold, "So you saying you love me isn't completely unbelievable. But you also always criticized me and never other watchers."

"Wait! I can explain that!" Affogato exclaimed.

"I don't-"

"I wanted your skills to improve, but I don't care about other watchers, so I only ever criticized you. It's because those other watchers aren't worth my attention."

"And the reason I was trying to get you to be sent away from the castle was to prevent you from getting caught in the crossfire. I was afraid you may get injured when it got attacked," Affogato ranted, his voice growing louder and more hysteric.

"I may have teamed with the Cookies of Darkness, but it was all for you! If I helped them, once they took over Earthbread, you and I would be pardoned and given free will! We'd get to own a piece of land, and since I already had worshippers, we'd be like the king and queen!"

"You know how you always got more food in your portions significantly than others during meals or events? I did that! I made sure yours were always plentiful! And yet, yet you gave it all away!"

"I did so much for you, and yet, yet you, you never loved me!" Affogato cried out, "Instead, you chose to love that- that- emo bitch!"

"How dare you!" Caramel Arrow shouted defensively, choked, "I never knew that you loved me, or the reasons, or the fact you were behind that! And even knowing it now wouldn't change my mind or opinion of you."

"But- but I did it for you!" Affogato said, his breathing hitched as he deflated.

"I never asked for you to do that! I don't love you and never will," she turned away firmly, ignoring Affogato's crestfallen expression.

"Why... why won't you love me? After everything I did... even after I told you why I did it..." Affogato muttered, his body quivering. A shadow cast over his face, his head lowered, "Why?!"